Reed 3P armboard mounting

This is question is steeped in ignorance. Does anyone have experience mounting a Reed or similar tonearm to a wood armboard? The 3P seems to use three M5 screws. I would guess the most reasonable approach is installing threaded inserts into the armboard, although that creates more variability in getting an accurate P2S distance. In contrast my current tonearm is attached with a threaded post clamped the armboard with an underside nut. There is enough side-to-side shuffle in this arrangement to get a very accurate P2S. Thank you. 
ohlala
Hello, what is the total height of the 3P tonearm, above the turntable top surface, mounted on a Dr. Feikerts Woodpecker? I am having an acrylic dust cover made prior to my arm arriving. I will allow 4 or 5cm of clearance above the arm so a rough measurement will be OK. 
Thank you. 
I measured roughly 11 cm from top surface to top of the cable between arm tube and VTA tower. I recommend to leave a hole in the dust cover for the tonearm cable. Especially if you will get the 12“ version of the Reed. It might be hard to put it through the hole in the plinth.
I measured roughly 11 cm from top surface to top of the cable between arm tube and VTA tower. I recommend to leave a hole in the dust cover for the tonearm cable. Especially if you will get the 12“ version of the Reed. It might be hard to put it through the hole in the plinth.
I think this is the right way to go