GaN amplifier from GaN themselves limited supply!!!

There is this integrated GaN , made by GaN themselves, so you know it "should" be good.
(Could very well be the best of all GaN amps)
(single purchase only, not available for multi purchase for commercial Class-D manufactures)

But you’ll have to put it in a box, comes with all you need, the amp and power supply, and dac??!!!
(if you can build simple kits you can build this, would it quite simple to make up)
You have with it:
Volume control
3 x switchable inputs
2 x Analog stereo inputs rca & jack
2 x digital spdif inputs, optical and coax (yes it has a dac in it too)
And this is neat, user variable negative feedback!!! for those that don’t like too much for the sake of "better" measurements" and want a more organic sound, all for just $1.3K

https://gansystems.com/evaluation-boards/gs-evb-aud-xxx1-gs/

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/GaN-Systems/GS-EVB-AUD-BUNDLE1-GS?qs=vHuUswq2%252BszP6hR0ubJmfw%...

https://gansystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/GS-EVB-AUD-xxx1-GS_Technical-Manual_Rev-200526.pdf

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
This says it all, the two that are trying their hardest to discredit this GaN by GaN Class-D have only their own interests in mind, and should look after their own interest and stop putting rubbish on things for their own monitory gains.
Whose trying to discredit it? You can't find any of my comments attempting to do that. You can find a number of them that are corrections of misinformation though.
You and your mate ricevs have been called out to be wrong now go away., please

This says it all, the two that are trying their hardest to discredit this GaN by GaN Class-D have only their own interests in mind, and should look after their own interest and stop putting rubbish on things for their own monitory gains.
Who is trying to discredit this amp? Its not me; you can't find a post on this thread wherein I am doing that. I have pointed out that its likely to have heat issues, but that does not take anything away from a product meant for evaluation.
Again:

It would help if more information was available. One thing seems apparent: While it might make 200 watts into 8 ohms it will not be able to do that for any length of time as there appears to be no provision for a heatsink (although it may be possible to heatsink it). Without a heatsink at 200 watts the output devices will simply overheat and fail- probably within a few seconds but maybe a minute or two.

IOW this kit really is for evaluation and for that I'm sure its just fine.
Note Amirm's comment 'different target for it'; clearly he is aware and understands the significance of this product being meant for evaluation):

The eval unit unfortunately doesn’t show the improved performance due to different target for it. So best to look at commercial implementations that shoot for state of the art implementations.
He seems to agree with me on this.
Usually, eval boards are made by Engineers who do not listen.....non tweakers.  So, I assumed this board was like any eval board.....not worth playing with.  If indeed, it sounds as dht4me describes.....than it could be a great thang....and made even greater by someone who tweaks....for instance,,,,,,It looks like op amps on the input (could not find the schematic).  Discrete would be better.  Yes, GaNs seem to be lighting up the world.....indeed.  

For those that are interested, don’t listen to the two detractors that have nothing on their minds but to put rubbish on the USA designed and made GaN by GaN Class-D amplifier for ulterior self motives, it’s obvious and clear.

Listen to some one who has made 4 of them (which the above haven’t), and taken them to a audio listen session, and all local Las Vegas audiophiles heard it they were begging him to build them one.

dht4me
I have built 4 of these to date, the first was for me but as soon al local Las Vegas audiophiles heard it they were begging me to build them one.There is another reference board in the design stages as I have been in direct contact with Rick Reigel from GaN.

As far as any tests done my AS, remember the design was built to show off the performance without high loop feedback which is what we want, trust me. The board has the ability to have open loop and closed loop feedback and the closed loop sounds a lot like my FM711 where the open loop is just another world of clarity, tone, timbre and low level details and spatial ques that are wiped out by SS designs.
I have them heatsinked especially since my 2 main speakers, Apogee Divas and Thiel CS5i’s are mean speakers to drive.
The GaN amps are the future of amplification, trust me, you will be seeing a lot more of these amps. They remind me of super powerful VT25 amps for medium to low efficiency speakers.

Cheers George