Capacitor

Dear friends I am interested to upgrade my caps in the tube preamp from Audio theta tin foil 3uf200VDC to Miflex1uf 240VDC copper foil what are your thoughts will reducing the value to 1uf affect the bass and frequency response or should I go with a higher value than 3uf  
jasbirnandra
I came so close to doing that. To be honest, it came down to a combination of they are so big it would mean outboarding the whole crossover, which in itself would be a huge project, and then there was the problem of even getting them. At the time when I was looking into it everything was backordered, and I just was not into waiting however many weeks or months. Okay yes there was the factor of spending more on the crossovers than the speakers. But having done this I know the crossovers ARE the speaker!  

When researching mine I tracked down a fellow in Kirkland who I believe had built some speakers using these caps. Was focused at the time on selecting mine. But now you make me curious to go back and see about maybe hearing them. And seeing them! These things are HUGE!!!
I can certainly see Duelund CAST capacitors approaching the prohibitive price range if a speaker crossover has numerous capacitors and  in the higher uf ranges. I was fortunate/lucky.  I had Only a single 5.5uf capacitor between the midrange drivers and tweeter.

Replacing the Solens with the Duelund CAST was immediately heard as an improvement ( Even though quite honestly the sound was very good with the stock Solens). Sound quality continued to improve as the CAST accumulated hours of break-in. But fresh out of the shipping box  it was an obvious sonic step upwards.
Charles 
Feedback

I replaced the 4 small interstage caps in my pre. Given their small value of 0.01uF I elected to go with CuTF VCaps. I am blown away by the improvement given the mediocre 3.0uF signal caps are still in place. It sounds like angels are in my room singing to me. Strings just hang in the air and the low level detail is almost overwhelming. 

@jasbirnandra 

I looked at a picture of the C1800. It is very different to my C800 and even uses different tubes. However, it looks like you possibly have the same small signal capacitors I have. If you have a multimeter you can confirm. It is much much much cheaper to replace those small caps than those big guys. And they do make a big difference. 
Regards 
@grannyring

I’m looking for 3uF caps and I cannot find Duelands of the appropriate value anywhere. The largest I’ve seen is 2.2uF and I’m way to risk averse to go that low.

I can get ODAMs but I see Chris V has some 3.0uF TFTFs available at a steep discount (albeit still not exactly cheap)

Have you compared ODAMs to TFTFs? I have used TFTFs in the past and I do like them but I’ve never heard the ODAM so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance 
The Odams are far better! Nice job with the Cutf upgrade! Just wait till they break in fully!