What do "audiophiles" use to judge equipment?

The hypothesis: "Audiophiles" are mostly techno-cats who listen with their eyes - they read reviews and look at spec sheets... END. That is my opinion and I'd like to hear from music lovers who do NOT look at the specs; who do not get their info from forums like this - where you cannot HEAR the music but you can READ about the music - well, maybe a few of you can read music, right? Are there any others who trust their own ears and go into a music store and BUY something without the psychological hand-holding of a forum or spec sheet?
cmariner1
@three_easy_payments 

MC believes that posters use his posts as reference. No jokes - he honest-to-God actually believes that. 😂🤣

I trust my dealer too, I bought a Rolex for just 75.00 buck MORE. Great watch. I traded my Rolex for his Rolex, he told me it was a step up.. I only paid 12k for my Rolex. I wonder why the second hand keeps going tick tick tick...:-)

Regards
The sweep second hand is incredibly smooth on my Rolecks. Also it is waterproof to 300mm and is Chromometer Certified to 1 sec per minute. Says so right on the dial. Genuine Rolecks Barnacle bracelet too.
I buy products based on my own past experiences and based on reviews. When a product is favorably reviewed by multiple reviewers, it’s a component worth considering. I also consider products from manufacturers whose “house sound” I enjoy.

I avoid products posters with hearing deficiencies own. If somebody tells me they cannot hear the difference in cables/capacitors/fuses, whatever he owns is worth avoiding.

Ditto for equipment owned by those who seem a little “off”. Those with overinflated egos and exaggerated self worths tend to promote products based solely based on the fact that they own them, no matter how flawed the sound. Worth avoiding.