LSA Voyager GAN Amplifier

Just got mine last week.  After 24 hours of play all I can say is that this is not your father's class D amplifier.  There is not one thing about its sound that reminds me of the class D gremlins that I do not like.  The low end filled in and now has deep impact, the midrange is the love child of a beautiful tube and clean hybrid amp - just gorgeous.  Highs are very clean and extended. Spatial cues are top notch. My system has had some damn good tube and solid state amps in it before and it has never sounded this good.  I am blown away with the quality of sound coming from class D amplification at this price point.

This 300 wpc amplifier is a real winner.....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjaymark
The first input buffer is easy to change......but the ones following it might require a schematic, etc. to implement correctly.  Then you want better parts, layout, power supplies, output filter parts, etc.  So, a serious (state of the art) class D amp should be designed from the ground up.  I will see how much can be done to these modules as soon as some one sends me an amp.  The modded amp will sound way better than stock.....but to think it will be state of the art (beating every amp on the planet)....is silly.  It will keep getting better and better......but already....we have some really good sound for not that much money.
@jaymark Thanks for the explanation. It was certainly not my intention to question your credibility or judgment. If it came out that way, please accept my apology. My point was that often times the 'new toy' exuberance' or the so-called honeymoon phase gets the better of us. I know I'm certainly guilty of that. However, this might not be the case this time around. If and when LSA releases an integrated version, I might just take a bite to see what the fuss is about. I talked to Walter and he thinks an integrated amp based on GaN should be released towards the end of the year. I'm willing to dip my toes in the water ... once again.
I have about 200 hours on my Voyager now and it sounds very good. Though not as good as the CODA #8, which I am starting to think maybe a great amp. The hardness that I attributed to the Voyager many hours ago seems to have gone away now. However, compared to the CODA #8 it feels like it is be more restrained. It could be the difference in bass between the 2 amps.

When I was burning in the Voyager the last few days I had the CODA #8 on the Thiels with the low end Audience Conductor SE speaker cables. The Voyager was running on the headphone system.

I was busy with work the past few days and had ROON play random tracks. There where so many times where I just had to stop and listen with me thinking wow I never knew it sounded like that. I am not having that wow reaction with the Voyager. It sounds fast, detailed and killer but not at the same level as the CODA #8. 

The Benchmark AHB2 seems a little more focused or sharper than either the CODA #8, Voyager, or KRELL. I prefer that type of sound, but the AHB2  does not compare to the overall level of goodness on the Thiels as any of the 3 other amps.

@ricevs Tell me when your mod queue is free and I will send you the Voyager. I am only 1 day shipping from you.