Speakers for triode tube amps

I have a Luxman CL 38u SE tube preamp and matching MQ 88 SE Triode tube amp rated at 25 wpc. I m using ProAc Anniversary Tablets at the moment and I’m wondering how I can upgrade to a speaker that can be driven with 25 Triode watts. Any recommendations on a high quality 8 ohm speaker that is easy to drive?  I know Wilson Tune Tots are out of the question (impedance/ sensitivity issues- they were my first choice.  Not interested in horn loaded speakers.  I Love the Harbeth P3 but I already own a pair of 40.1s in my main system. Any suggestions??
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsamuelg
You could also consider some kit speaker-Audio Note,Seas A26 and some of the Troels Gravesen designs suit lowish powered valve amps.
Samuelg,

I hope some of the suggestions above have been helpful.  It is a bit hard to give focused advice, given that we don't know some basics, like a price range for instance, but, you are probably looking for a wide range of options.  For example, I like the suggestions of the Devore speakers, but, I have no idea if they are in your range as a choice. 

I know you mentioned that you have the Harbeth 40.1s, so you are not looking at Harbeths, but, I think that their other models sound substantially different from that speaker and the other models are MUCH easier to drive than the 40.1s (these are particularly demanding speakers that can sound dead or flabby with the wrong amplifier).  Perhaps the 30.2s  would be a candidate.

I again mention the Audio Note speakers.  It is interesting that you have ProAc and Harbeth speakers, because one of my favorite dealers has ProAc, Harbeth and Audio Note as his primary speaker lines.  He also has Nola, although for some reason, they are not that popular (the cheaper models sound good for the money to me).  This dealer, DejA Vu Audio (Northern Virginia) only sells tube amplification, so their speaker preferences are matched to this type of amplifier.  Most often, when someone comes in looking at all options (i.e., they did not come in looking at just one specific model), they end up with an Audio Note speaker.  

If you can stretch a bit in price, Charney Audio makes terrific speakers that are in the 99 db/watt and higher level of efficiency and they are fantastic as long as one is not interested in extremely deep bass. 
Jim WIney and Bill Johnson solved this in the 1970's.

Audio Research and Magnepan marketed and sold their products in tandem.  They are more accurate than any other combo.

There's the answer for you--no big mystery here.

Cheers!
It is interesting that Magnepan is mentioned here, because it represents what is supposedly one of the least compatible speaker model for low-powered tube amps.  Maggies supposedly demand high-power high-current amps.  I've heard Maggies (cannot recall the model) with a tube amp, which was probably a 40-watter, and the combination sounded quite good in a smallish room.  The time I heard an obviously incompatible Maggie setup involved a friend hooking up a single-ended 45 amp (1.5 watts/channel) to 3.5 Maggies just for laughs--it sounded quite good at lower volume, but the sound fell apart at volume levels approaching a normal listening level.