Capacitor

Dear friends I am interested to upgrade my caps in the tube preamp from Audio theta tin foil 3uf200VDC to Miflex1uf 240VDC copper foil what are your thoughts will reducing the value to 1uf affect the bass and frequency response or should I go with a higher value than 3uf  
jasbirnandra
3.3uf 800 vdc  that is temporarily because I intend to use 1uf 250VDC of miflex in the future was just experimenting and found the results to be better than the audio theta caps what amp are you using 
@grannyring

I’ve got the smaller model Canary amp that jasbirnanda has and it has the same 4 x 3uF caps. 

I follow what you said re the output caps, and I suspect Canary went for 3uF just to play safe. But why are the interstage caps also 3uF? Could it be that on the interstage such a large value is needed?

Thanks

@jasbirnandra

Thank you. I’m interested to hear if everything is ok when you try a smaller capacitor like a 2.0 uF.

I have Musicaps in my amp; they’re probably not as good as the Theta caps you have in your amp.

Regards.

If the caps are not on the output, but interstage, you should stick with the value they have.  I am only talking about the output cap position.  The caps tied to the the RCA outputs!