BluOS Node vs Auralic software (or other streamer)

I've been through many streamers (BS node 2i, Lumin T2 (best), Lumin U1 mini, Bryston BDP)..  I LOVE the BluOS software and growing sick of Roon for various reasons.

While I think the Lumin products are "better" I'm not 100% sure that I heard a notable difference in streaming alone (forget the dacs).  I will be using a Denafrips Ares ii dac so this is just for streaming.

If I like BluOS better than Roon, do you think Auralics software matches up?

Any other new stand alone streamers I should be considering that would be an audible upgrade with good software?

When you google anything compared to Blusound you get TONS of off-topic hits.  

dtximages
@willrobbins Well I know I like the bluOS software better than the others, especially since there's an app for Windows that works very well.  Just wondering if there's anything new that I'm missing.
I’ve had various Auralic streamers, the Aries, the Aries Femto and later the G1. In between the Femto and the G1, I’ve owned the NAD M12 for one and a half year, making me move from the Auralic software to the BluOS software and it was pretty hard getting used to it. When purchasing the G1, it was easier to go back to the Auralic ecosystem than it was to swap to BluOS. Could be that it’s about what you’re used to, however one and a half year of BluOS should have been more than enough to get used to it. So with a little objectivity I would vote for the Auralic software. What was great that in those one and a half year of BluOS use, Auralic software evolved quite a bit and the child diseases of the early years were gone.

Today however, I’m on Roon, as the G1 was also sold. Interested why you grow sick of Roon, because I still enjoy it. Using iPad and Roon running on a NUC7i7BNH and never have issues.
I own both a Node 2i in a cabin system, and an Auralic Aries G2 in my primary system.  I used to have a Roon subscription but dropped it (see below).  I’ve auditioned Lumin and Simaudio and formerly owned Aurender. 

For user interface in terms of preference, I’d personally rank them 1) Roon, 2) Auralic, 3) Aurender, 4) Sim, 5) BluOS and 6) Lumin - my preferences only.  Candidly, there were small gaps between the interfaces of 2-6.  Roon was clearly a step up. 

However, on sound quality, I’d put Roon last.  I had a subscription to it for nearly a year and tried various settings and was generally satisfied with it. Then, for grins, I compared the same tracks (whether streamed via Qobuz or played from a file) first on Roon and then via Auralic lightning DS.  No contest. I dropped Roon the next day. 

Before someone suggests Auralic doesn’t “play well” with Roon - it’s a Roon certified endpoint.  Operation was flawless.  LDS is just clearly making better use of the buffers and topology of the hardware.  I can’t say whether others would experience something similar with Lumin, BluOS or Sim.  

Best,

Post removed 
@mgrif104
+1
Nice synopsis.
BluOS is less flaky than Lumin but it requires too much work to be a pleasure. Clear and play?
Ha.