How many dealers do you use?

When buying gear retail, do you use only one dealer with whom you develop a relationship, or more than one? 
128x128cantorgale
There’s several dealers around PDX and they’ve all been in business for years. I do most of my business with two, one of which sells mainly used gear. This past year their businesses have done better than ever. They both have treated me well over the years which keeps me coming back—for gear, amusement and advice. I support and appreciate them.
Dealers were quite helpful and gave good advice, provided good recommendations and often had second hand or demo gear to buy. I suggest that those who are entering the playing field rely upon brick and mortar dealerships if nearby, not exclusively, but certainly as a (usually) solid ally. 

Catalogue/online shopping is completely guesswork; you have NO idea how it will work out in your system. As a reviewer, I strongly suggest you learn the personality and preferences of the reviewer before you take their advice/recommendation! If you do not align yourself with a reviewer who hears similar to you, then you can have some real fun when you buy a product that was all that to the reviewer, and not so much for you. 

Best advice, attend a show, or better yet, several shows. I spent as much as a nice vacation for two attending shows because I was serious about building a better rig and wanted to judge in person the products. Some of the best money I have ever spent in audio. It allowed me to be the judge on hundreds of products, to narrow down my field of winners and select the ones I would focus on. Even better, it allowed me to eliminate dozens of products that were not right for me, that I would have no way of ascertaining from a distance. I certainly would suffer wearing a mask for 3 days to find exceptional equipment. No mask wearing needed when you are in your home with the sweet system you built!    :) 
Post removed 
There is one brick and mortar in St Louis, Music for Pleasure, that I’ve used consistently in the past when buying products that they represent. Another that I used didn’t have a formal brick and mortar, operating out of his house, but is no longer in business. I’ve also worked with a couple of other dealers/distributors who do not have a formal brick and mortar shop, AAudio Imports and Laufer Teknik. For all three, I trust their input and recommendations. While I’ve also bought used gear over the years, I believe it’s important to establish a personal relationship with a dealer to gain their insights and recommendations, have the ability to audition in your own home, and to have support after the sale. Knowing someone personally always beats a 1-800 number, and the only way to have them survive as businesses is to support them.