Quantum Science Audio Thread

This is a thread for those who wish to discuss Quantum Science Audio products of all types.
tommylion
George -  while I appreciate your science and opinions about fuses, we have all heard them countless times.  I am not an audio engineer and I just love to listen to great music.  IMO fuses matters.  I would like to hear from more people like myself.  

You are free to continue posting as you want.  But I ask you, given that we all know your position, could you please please please just let other people comment on this subject.  

Respectfully
Will

Your kidding, and let "snake oil" and "voodoo" companies flourish, with posts from shillers for those same companies here on Audiogon??? NOT LIKELY!!!!!!! No matter how nice you ask, and it was nice!!

There are plenty of the correct forums for them and you to visit

https://www.google.com/search?q=snake+oil+forums&oq=snake+oil+forums&aqs=chrome..69i57.7881j...

https://www.google.com/search?q=voodoo+forums&oq=voodoo+forums&aqs=chrome..69i57.3710j0j15&a...

To those "non technical" (like yourself) members that are interested, do not listen to fusers, listen to the techs of this industry that design the audio products you have.
AND YOU WON"T SEE THEM ON THREADS LIKE THIS AGREEING WITH WHAT THESE FUSERS SAY IT WILL DO FOR THE SOUND, EVER!!! LET ALONE BEING DIRECTIONAL!!!!!
Just clean and tighten your fuse holder and re-new your fuse (if old) with a good quality 50cent Bussman, Littlefuse or similar.
As with "many switch-on surges" they do deteriorate, bend, stretch and get crusty with electrolysis formations on their fusible wire elements before they give out, as these pics show of a fuse wire element ageing over time show. https://ibb.co/9NbTwqK
(even the $$$ boutique ones will age just as much also)

George you were asked nice. VERY nice as a mater of fact by the OP. Be a gentleman and move on. ONCE was enough a second or third is not OK. After that it’s beyond turning the other cheek. OR I suppose ALL your post can be removed.. It’s strictly your call..

You’re NOT welcome to add your adjectives or adverbs to ANYONE on the forums as you do.. It’s gone on long enough.. QUIT interfering with OTHER people’s sales. It’s as simple as that.

STOP! YOU’RE costing other people money, now I’m complaining about YOUR behavior, NOT what your selling..
Your behavior, it’s just not welcome.. By your own admission, you told a customer you installed an aftermarket fuse and you did NOT.. HOOEY George.. You’ve cost people money.. I think it’s time to send you the BILL, GEORGE.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. I’ve seen Slow Blow fuses/circuit breaker on the AC into to power supply (4. - 15. amp)

2. A Fast Blow on the bias circuit (.5 - 2. amp) of a valve amp for valve/circuit protection.

3. 2. - 4. amp Fast Blow on a + rail in a SS amp or the filament side of a valve amp.

Number 1 is fire protection. Period. That is the reason for the fuse on the AC line into the PS, it stop over current and fires. It’s normally a Slow Blow for filter cap charge. I don’t care what it’s plugged into it protect whatever it’s plugged into, NOT the other way around..

Number 2 and 3 are valve and circuit protection for the "piece" of gear, normally a fast blow and a lower value .5 - 3. amp fuse or so. THIS is to protect GEAR always after the units Power Supply..

A Cary V12r has 3 types of protection 1 for fire protection AC in. S.B.
1 for the tube filament transformer. F.B.
2 for left/right (bias) output valve protection. F.B.

They have protection inside the transformers too. I’ve taken a few apart, just most people don’t know how to fix a plate transformer or take it apart for that matter.. As long as you can work around the potting if it has it.. If it not potted it’s easy to look and fix if you know how to hunt up the short.. Sniff and visual test goes a long ways..

Regards