What Does Ayre Sound Like?

Shortlisting for an end game all in one & the EX-8 has caught my interest..Do they have a house sound?Build quality?Customer service?
 Will be driving Harbeth M30.1 or ProAc Tablet Anniversaries..
freediver
I have an all Ayre system......the sound is best when using the balanced configuration.  My preamp has 2 outputs....I use a dedicated headphone amp from one of those outputs.....the sound is better when not simultaneously connected.  Unplug the one not used.
Ayre is neutral to the slightly warm side of neutral.  Easy to live with.  Does most things well.  Had the K-5xeMP pre and VX-5 twenty amp, and still using their Codex DAC and phono preamp.  Very reliable equipment and great customer service.  Well respected among audiophiles.
@theo that is high praise indeed, I extensively trialed the KX-R ( pre Twenty ) against the REF5SE and chose the latter w an Ayre VX-R amp pairing. While I have since moved on, I hold the KX-R in high regard. The Twenty circuit is genius :-)

enjoy and let us know as it continues to settle in !!!!

jim
Ayre make nice gear.   Have not heard many negative remarks ‘bout them. 
Enjoy. 
I am a huge Ayre fan.  Excellent aesthetics and build quality and I consistently rate them among the best amps I would buy if I was looking.  Especially with their headphone section of the DAC's.  The Pono with the Ayre designed output stage was amazing.

However!!

I do think they have a kind of unique sound to them alone.  They are neutral to warm and powerful but what distinguishes Ayre from every other electronics brand I've ever heard is how pitch black absolutely quiet they sound.  It is as if they suck noise out off your room and music emerges from a new place in your room you didn't know existed.

So, highly recommended, but also, to my ears, quite special and unique.