Do you all agree when Prince said the 60s, 70s and 80s were the golden ages of music?

So I came across this interview today and it dates back to 2011. Prince felt the 60s-80s were the golden ages of music when artists played their instruments, wrote their own songs and actually had to perform (those were his reasons).

I posted it and if you watch from 7:40 you’ll see what I mean.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgvcqVHJC0

What do you all think?
michaelsherry59

It's not just music, it's also films. I asked myself, "Why do I like "Black and White" movies better than current movies"?

Every time I look at a current movie, the characters are doing something that makes no sense what so ever. This can happen a time or two, and I'll go along with it, but too many times and that movie goes off; it just makes no sense, I can not tolerate this any longer.

Evidently they had better writers and better scripts a long time ago. I hate to admit it, but all my friends are not the brightest (but I love them anyway) They seem to be hooked on the most current action movies, and they bring them over for us to enjoy. In no time, this happens, that happens, and I ask my self "Why did he do that? Why did she do that? That was totally illogical. Before I can finish my first popcorn, I'm nodding off, and at the same time trying to fake enjoying the movie.

Maybe I'm just out of step with time? As far as I'm concerned, these are some very strange times.
60's and 70's for sure with rock music.
There are other great years for many other types of music.
If he is talking for every genre then you have to include the 1950's. A lot of good jazz in the 50's as well as Country music which had its golden era in the 50's.
@gochurchgo I agree that Prince was pretty damn overrated. He was just a Sly Stone wannabe in my eyes. I'm of a certain age to remember Sly And The Family Stone at their peak from 67-71 (I was born in 1959) and the way how Prince copied Sly is sad.

But Generation X grew up with Prince, they didn't live through Sly's era... Which is a shame for them because they have no idea what they missed regarding a prolific 60s band 
@,michaelsherry59, @gogchurchgo,

So tell us all here the Prince shows you went to where you saw one of his ’pretty damn overrated’ shows. Prince was not only a lyrical genius but a virtuoso with any, and I mean any instrument he picked up.

The man literally channeled music 24/7. Sly was a lyrical and song writing genius and great band leader also but just a below average musician.

The person, musician that made Sly and The family Stone stand out was Larry Graham the bass player of the group. Not Sly. IMHO

Prince had his own style, swag and most defiantly his OWN sound, which made HIM stand out. He copied no one. Didn’t have to. I liken Prince more of a James Brown type band leader and funk/groove master with some NASTY guitar licks.

However, the person that did copy and used Sly’s blue print was non other than George Clinton.