New to vinyl - How to get the best out of old classical discs?

I’ve recently added vinyl to my classical listening lineup (mostly piano and chamber music) after realizing how many extraordinary recordings aren’t available in other formats. I wanted to start small, but now that I’m a little more comfortable with the gear and know I like the format, I’m interested in where the biggest improvements can be found. Generic suggestions are always welcome, but there are issues that seem to come up more often with of these old classical discs so if anyone has extensive experience there I would be particularly grateful. My budget is around $1000, and any gear that holds value is preferred.

My current setup:

Prep: Ultrasonic/IPA/detergent, new sleeves, quick wipe with dry swiffer duster before play

TT:  Denon DP-51F

Cart:  Ortofon Red

Phono: Pro-ject Phono Box S2

Then (usually):

MiniDSP

Scott 222C (EL84 PP amplifier)

Klipsch RF-5s (discontinued floorstanders, similar sound to Heritage)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

bluemountain
Add the  moving iron Soundsmith  Otello for $399 with the other suggestions.

It can perform on the level of carts twice the price. Consider upping the phono stage for your long game. Better phono stage will be ready when you go to the next level table. 

Non stop madness if you choose to play with rekkids. You're NEVER done!
Re: springs, the TT is in almost perfect shape and is obviously a masterfully engineered machine.
Adding springs under the table won't impact it. Try them and return them if the don't work for you. I bet you'll be real surprised.
The bottom line is the source. Some records are just not well recorded/mastered. If you had the right disc, recording, and pressing you would not need these suggestions. 
Sounds like I should start with the cart and maybe wait a bit to buy an ‘investment’ phono stage.

Right, this one is perfect, but Americans don't know about it now, but earlier it was a Swiss made highly regarded phono stage, now it's cheaper, better, and made in Australia. One of my favorites, you can barely see it under the Gold Note PH-10 on my rack.  

Re: springs, the TT is in almost perfect shape and is obviously a masterfully engineered machine. I personally wouldn’t try change anything about how it’s put together.

Those springs are the last things to try, and only if you want to play the game Miller playing for 40 years or so.  

@vinylshadow

"Hahaha. I can’t believe I’m reading about springs again, it’s almost in every thread already. Unbelievable.

Maybe because it works? Believable.

Works for whom? For you with your turntable? What is your turntable and who designed it if it doesn’t work as is?

" Nothing will change the sound more than a good cartridge in your current set up @bluemountain."

Whatever you say professor.

If you don’t know the basics and believe in snake oil then I feel sorry for you. Cartridge is the only thing in analog chain that physically extract music from the vinyl groove (way before any other components involved), what your springs can do for the sound if your first component in analog chain is weak? Anyone with cheap awful sounding cartridge must change a cartridge first before all the minor tweaks everyone can do later when cartridge, tonearm, phono stage, speakers, amps are perfect.

If you start from the springs maybe you can explain the logic?

Better cartridge with better stylus profile will make the OP’s system much better, you can’t do that with springs. We are talking about MUSIC and VINYL here, not your measurements with oscilloscope or some others devices.