Dynaudio Confidence 30 vs. Focal Sopra 2

Considering an upgrade. Cost is similar. I'm running a Luxman L-509x amp and Cardas clear cabling. CD/dac is Luxman D-03x. My current speakers are 60i Dyns. They're great but I'm not in love. Could also consider the 802 D3 B&W but my dealer doesn't carry those and I want to work a trade. Looking for clarity. I want a piano to sound like a piano and violin to sound like it is made of wood. The 60i Dyns are great for Metallica, but I think there are better performers for classical. Thank you for your thoughts.
jrbirdman333
DMK, at low volume levels they are not dynamic. I don't always want to crank the volume. I also think they are a little bass bias with those massive 9.5 inch drivers.  I think the main reason I am thinking of switching however is upgrade-itis. It is funny how my mission has creeped skyward. I started out with a 3k system. That figure is a faint image in the rear view mirror.
OP, I too own 509x and am on similar path....fighting upgrade-itis.  I can tell you I demo'd multiple speakers on my 509 before I brought it home, and the Sopra was the runaway winner for me.  Paradigm Persona a reasonably close second.  Oddly I didn't care for Kanta nearly as much.  Magico was (IMHO) way to muddied, which I attribute to the 86db (from memory) sensitivity.  IIRC Dyn is down there also, contributing to the lower volume problem you identify.  Good luck and do keep us posted.  
Why have the Sopras jumped so precipitously in price?! I may just have to limp along with my 60i Dyns awhile longer. (Actually they are a fabulous speaker. I was listening to Lady Gaga last night a big volumes and the 60i were superb). Maybe I need to just settle down. 
I got a chance to listen to the Dyn Confidence 30 and the Sopra 2 today as driven by Luxman gear. I walked away very impressed with the Dyns. The Sopras are definitely brighter and more energetic,  but to my ear, the Dyns produced a more realistic sound are were just superb. My current Contour 60i rigs have far more bass slam than both.