AUDIO RESEARCH VS VTL

Who is the king of Tube amplification between these two brands?
jeffvegas
They are both long established brands but i would say audio research before the founder left twenty years ago would be the best choice but now it is a toss up for sure, but both are great companies and i can say that audio research offers upgrades and service for all their tube gear from any generation.
Post removed 
Jeff which one of your experiences with Lyra are we talking about?

The one where they are JUNK shrill bright ect.
Or
The one where the Lyra Delos sounds amazing!

Hard to follow the way you flip flop on things. Not that your posts are anything to follow, more of a comic relief.

Sad part is some folks who like to be helpful around here actually still take your "posts" seriously.

Including one Mr Johnathan Carr

BTW did you ever get around to apologizing to him for having your little fit because "you" couldnt get a cartridge to sound the way you wanted it to not because there was something wrong with the design or the catridge itself?

Eh...Don't matter, he has shown himself to be a stand up individual who goes the extra mile to help those who were willing to give his design a go.

Im sure he will be around for the next discussion to see how he can contribute.

Unfortunately, there is no "king". It all depends on all your associated gear, room and preferences.

I’ve never owned an AR amp, only a pre. I have owned the MB-125 (first gen) and absolutely loved those monos. Sold them, missed them a few years later, and bought the first gen MB-185.

AR customer service was fantastic. 
i got a solid three paragraphs from Jonathan Carr on ideas to improve my Delos. My ARC Ref5se just crossed 5k trouble free listening hours…magic… And ARC answers the phone….

Most probably order a Etna - Lambda next week for the SOTA in the reference system.

Audio full of good people

Now IF Oyaide….WTF