AUDIO RESEARCH VS VTL

Who is the king of Tube amplification between these two brands?
jeffvegas
Jeffy, having the winning ticket for Wednesday's Powerball drawing, that would be lucky.

For now I feel quite fortunate with the performance Im getting from my Lyra Kleos.

As far as a Shure cartridge from the 70's, let me guess, moving magnet?

Now your starting to sound like someone else around here.
Post removed 
So the insults have begun. A little earlier than in most Vegas Boy threads, but not unexpected for sure.

Thanks for reminding us just who you are.

I own all ARC for amplification, a Ref 6 and Ref 150 SE. I have sent many an email to ARC that went unanswered. The few times they did respond, it was weeks later and terse. The sound is amazing and they have been rock reliable. That keeps me seated. For now. 
My phono stage is a Manley Steelhead. Manley is amazing. Ask a question and a long considered response comes within 48 hours. Sometimes within 24 hours. 
And another legend in customer service is Luxman. Jeffrey of Luxman USA is a pure class act. I own a Luxman 750u headphone amp. 
I may sell my ARC gear and buy Luxman or Manley. They are THAT much better at basic humanism. Do wish Manley's flagship amps looked less art-deco though. 
They are both long established brands but i would say audio research before the founder left twenty years ago would be the best choice but now it is a toss up for sure, but both are great companies and i can say that audio research offers upgrades and service for all their tube gear from any generation.