McIntosh- Sweetest, Smoothest sounding Solid State ?

McIntosh- Are they the sweetest, smoothest sounding solid state amplifier?  
avanti1960
McIntosh SS, for me, is the definition of 'straight wire with gain', or 'do no harm'.

When I went back to efficient speakers, I overhauled and sold my two pieces and went back to tubes.

My SS Amp, MC2250, tested accurate at 305 wpc, was dead quiet, no character added. McIntosh advised me to leave it full volume, adjust volume with preamp. Zero noise.

At listening fun here, everyone always chose tubes over the Ss MC2250, and LP over CD, and Reel to Reel over LP. 

My SS Preamp C28 has some hum in the low level inputs above noon on the dial, just above my favorite listening level, so no noise most of the time, but not enough for Iron Butterfly.

SS C28's phono eq was dry like the amp. I actually preferred my Technics Turntable, AT120's built-in dinky phono eq to the C28. mx110z's phono is a real treat.

McIntosh Tube Tuner/Preamp mx110z: I would get another one without hesitation, and have all the rca jacks replaced by audio classics like they just did to mine. They really didn't find much else to do to it.
I have to imagine that since the OP has been a member since 2015, he is aware of the strong polarized feelings his question would provoke, and just wanted to see what would ensue.