As you have moved on, are there any items you remember fondly...or most fondly?

As many on this site, I have had much in the way of the "high-end".  There are, fortunately, many good items I could list that are still in my head/heart....but the two that come to mind quickly are the Thiel CS-1.5 and the Conrad Johnson ART pre-amp.......If I go back to the beginnings the DQ-10 would be one of the most impactful to my audio/hi-fi experience/knowledge.   I don't really have the space right now, but when I do, I may put together a "retro" system for fun and nostalgia....you know, kind of like doing a '57 Chevy two door hardtop with a repaint, updated suspension/brakes and a 350 horse 327 with a Muncie 4-speed.....etc...  Although a 288 GTO and tickets to a live performance in Copenhagen would be O.K. too.

jusam

I was using a Zenith Mini-Wedge system for several years and had been visiting HiFi shops while out shopping with mom. Having a strong interest in music, the parents decided to let me get a proper system for my 11th or 12th birthday. This is what they purchased for my first true system (I picked it out). As nice as my current system is, I have very fond memories of where it all started which is around 40 years ago this week. 

JVC RX-40 receiver

JVC KD-D40 stereo cassette deck

Dual 508 turntable

JVC SEA-80 graphic equalizer (Christmas present that year)

Infinity RS-A speakers

Phillips CD100 - yup one one the originals because it seemed cool. 

Still have the 1st two CDs we purchased which were the first Asia album and the 2nd Berlin album "Love Life"

stereo54,919 posts07-16-2021 11:14amMy Rectilinear 7 speakers from 1976.  I absolutely loved the speakers.  Then, the Kenwood Rep who I was very friendly with (used to buy my 420 from him) talked me into buying a custom made set of speakers his friend designed.  I went to the guys house to hear them and liked the looks and sound.   I sold the Rectilinears and when I got the custom speakers, they were nothing like the prototype. The cabinet was very different and unfinished and the speaker sounded like  pure s**t. I got taken big time.  The speakers cost me $1200 for the pair and in 1976, that was a lot of money.

Gee...who would have guessed buying from a dope dealer would be a bad idea?

Cello Audio Palette - an amazing piece of gear. The one product I regret selling the most. It needed to be placed within easy reach of the listening position (I had a custom coffee table) to get the most out of it.

Krell MDA-300 monoblocks - sweet sound but boy did they run hot.

Revel Ultima Gems - these were Revel's first speakers and I had one of the first pair made. They didn't play very low, but from 50Hz up, they were excellent. 

Magneplaner Tympani IV - they needed a big room and a lot of power, but when set up well, they did a lot of things right. 
Wish I hadn’t sold the LS3/5A decades ago.  Well or the Dahlquest dq10s that replaced them.