All NEW Klipsch Jubilee Horn Speakers !... Game Changer ?...

highend666
No expert at all, but I do keep my ears open!!  :)  
Thanks though for the kind words.  It does help that I've been around them now for (yikes) about 15 years or so.

If we only count production models, I think there are three.  The 'original' that has small supports inside the bass bin to hold the sides still (there is a story there too).  Roy redesigned it to create the updated version that had "shelves" going all the way around the bass bin.  By using the 'shelf' it was easier, faster to produce and made a stronger cabinet.

I'm guessing in the engineering world, that might be a win/win/win??!!

The "story" on the supports....

Years ago, it seems Roy/Klipsch got some complaints about the Jubilee bass bin resonating.  Not all of them, just one here and one there.  It was an inconsistent issue.

He finally figured it out.  It turned out the manufacturing company that provided them the plywood for the cabinets was the culprit.  I don't know the specifications, so let's just say that Klipsch spec'ed the plywood for the Jubilee to be .75 inches, plus/minus .03 inches.

He found out that the company producing the plywood was able to be pretty consistent with the plywood thickness. and it generally came in say, .74 to .73 (but ironically, hardly ever OVER .75!

None the less he discovered that when the production was (for example) .73 and THAT thickness was used for the rear panel, they had a terrible resonate problem.....  if it was thicker, then the resonate issue wasn't there (or was greatly reduced ??).  So he put those supports in much like some folks put a support in the mouth of a LaScala to keep the side walls from resonating.....essentially the same issue.

So he put those support wings/tabs in there and that cleared it up but I don't think he liked the in-elegance of that.....so went back several years later and redesigned it with (what I call) the 'shelf's' in there which also guaranteed the problem was fixed, made a stronger cabinet, easier to build and in my mind, looks nicer.

So that would be (as best I know) the second version and the third would be the one pending with the vented horn where he's taken one of the drivers (Jubilee uses two 12" drivers) OUT of the bass bin and he's ported that space or something to somewhere of the horn.  I'm not sure what he's done other than the video that Klipsch has posted about it.

I use axi I greatly prefer using with a proper tweeter over DSP EQ to get high frequency. A cd horn is also not the best for home use it requires EQ to function and the treble it does generate is based on hom generation.
"....So that would be (as best I know) the second version and the third would be the one pending with the vented horn..."

Does that include the commercial version Jubilees? 
What is a "proper" tweeter?

I use a TAD 4002 for my tweeter driver, is that a decent tweeter?

To Russ:  What happened "back when" is Roy auditioned the Jubilee's at the Klipsch Pilgrimage in (I think) 2006.  He played the intro of the Eagles Hotel California.

Before that first "BOOM" in the very beginning, I knew I loved what I heard and turned to the guy standing next to me and said "THAT is what I've been looking for"

I bought a pair a week or so later.

So the pair that I bought were the "commercial" version (industrial black) bass bin.  What they then did was took the "midrange HORN" and removed the midrange DRIVER.  They also removed the tweeter HORN (K510) and MOVED the tweeter DRIVER down to the midrange HORN.

So you could have instead, simply bought the "stock 3-way cinema Jubilee speaker" and had all the parts I had.....listened to it in both 3-way format and 2-way format and picked your flavor.

A couple years later, Roy came out with some curves about changing to the TAD driver.

So the units I have could have easily instead gone to a cinema except for the upper horn changes.  By the way, the only reason you really want the 3-way is for raw output.  For HOME use, I'm here to tell you that the 2-way is still fully capable of tucking your tail between your legs and push you out of the room should you get stupid with the volume.

AND, it will still sound fantastic while doing so.

I've since added a Danley DTS-10 and (though rarely used) have LaScalas as my rear speakers.

Huge scale of sound as quiet as you want or as violent as you dare.