Marantz AV 7005

Hi All,
I’m a widow at the tail end of selling my husband’s estate & I’m hoping this post is okay since it discusses pricing.(I’ve posted a few times before seeking advice and I was so grateful because everyone was overwhelmingly helpful. This is a great community!!)

Here’s my dilemma:
I listed his Marantz AV 7005 for $425 in mid-May on FB (local pick up) & today I got an offer for $350. (I used hifishark dot com to determine my pricing & priced it towards the low end.)

I haven’t responded to the potential buyer yet because I wanted to check hifishark dot com again to see if selling prices have changed. (They haven’t.)

The Marantz is in excellent condition (hubby babied his electronics) & it works. (He was using it up to the end.) I’ve got the original packaging & box, the User Guide, Remote, Power Cord and the Audyssey Omnidirectional Calibration Microphone. I also took good photos of the front & back--including a photo of it turned on--and photos of everything that comes with it.

Back to today’s offer. I thought to counter him at $400 (do you think I should?), but if he wants to stick to $350 I’m not sure what to do. Is this an item that will go down in value the longer I hang onto it? Thoughts??
kkirk001
@kkirk001 Marantz is one of my favorite brands that I highly recommend. If you want to negotiate with the buyer I think that's okay. Many people will initially offer a lower number than they're willing to accept in case the seller says yes.

If you counter and the buyer is really interested they will reply and say they can't do more than $350 at which case you can still say okay.

If you counter and the buyer is not serious then they probably won't even bother to reply, in which case then they may not have been a great person to do business with anyway.

You could also try asking to discuss further on the phone. If the buyer is willing to share their phone number and talk then they're more likely to be a serious buyer and you can try to figure out a price that works for both of you.
Do you prefer other brands over Marantz? It’s an honest question--I’m’ not trying to be combative. Are you familiar with this particular preamp?

@kkirk001  I'm not into Home Theatre at this moment of time. If I were to re-constitute my HT system, I would likely go higher end, primarily because I already own higher end amplification units.

@nekoaudio 's advice is sound. Marantz is a solid buy. I actually owned the AV7005. I passed it on to my younger brother, years ago.

My point to take the offer has to do with the value of an offer on hand versus the deal not coming together and then having to go through the cycle again. My post also factored in your being "at the tail end of selling my husband’s estate" and assuming you may want to wrap things up.

If you have a $400 floor, stick with it.  

All the best.
It’s worth what someone is willing to pay.  You have a bird in hand. If you want to sell the Marantz, I’d take the offer.  
BTW, If you do an advanced search on ebay sold listings you will see many sold for a lot less than you are asking. And ebay gets about 10% of that!