Why has focal raised their prices so much on Sopra line

I was looking at the Sopra 2 ,thinking about buying it ,it is a very good speaker it has not changed 
in 5 years thst I can see ,but the price has increased $4,000. Thst sounds like gouging to me ,
from $15 k to $19 k  if thatis thecase  the Wilson Sophia2 is a better speaker for the same price 
as well as night and day better resale value .
128x128audioman58
@larry5729O
On the other hand, Larry, one way to look at it is, if it turns out as you say and some people's finances get squeezed either by inflation or taxes, they may find themselves needing to sell off some gear!  Maybe there will be some good deals.
With a saving of $13.5K, you could get a pair of these Outstanding Liberty Audio X-VOX Loudspeakers, which are a sleeper in the audiophile community; you can thank me later... ; )

X-VOX LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM – Liberty Audio

Wig
Market is the market.
If you don't want to buy them, don't buy them.
Don't complain of gouging, there is no such thing.
No manufacturer will price himself out of the market.  Clearly there are sufficient customers at this price level.
OP presumably doesn't value this product as highly as the market does.

Of course if you really want to shoot yourself in both feet you can buy Moabs much more cheaply.
1-  Because they can.
2-  It is cheaper than building a new factory and advertising the product.
I will have to see my options , maybe a open baffle like the 
spatial audio X3 or x5 it does everything well  with vh audio Odam capacitor 
upgrades better still. ?   Maybe the used market. The Wilson Sabrina X  are a exceptional  upgrade in trickle down technologies 
but these dealers suck , no discounts, and sales tax 
I will never pay sales tax ,and always get 15-20% off , 
as an ex dealer  I just can’t  do it otherwise .