Magico A1 vs KEF Reference 1 (META) vs KEF LS50 + KEF KC62

I want to get a monitor speaker for a room that is 17'W x 22'L x 24'H and shared with my sons toys. The room actually opens up some more to a living room and a balcony on the second floor. So there is some volume to fill. I also need to use a monitor and not a more appropriate floor stander. I am limited to where I can place a speaker. It MUST be placed on a bookshelf that is 2 inches from the front wall and has the following dimensions.  

Depth:
17 3/8 "
Height: 20 1/2 "

I am currently using KEF LS50's (passive) on the bookshelf. It works well but I would like more bass and a bigger sound.

I was thinking of the Magico A1 since it is sealed and can be comfortably placed on a bookshelf. Magico even sells 5 degree angled bookshelf stands for the A1. However, the price seems very high for a 2 way speaker. 

The KEF Reference 1 is a speaker I always liked (heard it many times). However, I always heard it away from the front wall. I have been trying to get some info out of KEF on the Meta stuff and also placement of the REFERENCE 1 monitor.  However, no feedback yet. The Reference 1 is rear ported and maybe not too good close to a wall. I would also wait for the META stuff to appear on the Reference 1.

The other option is using my existing KEF LS50's + KEF KC62 subwoofer (placed on bookshelf). Though I am not sure if this combo is strong enough for my space.

I am using a KRELL K-300i integrated for this system. It would work well with the Magico and both KEF's.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Is the Magico A1 strong enough for the space? I assume it is a bit more detailed than both KEF's. I have demoed the A3.
2) Can the KEF Reference 1 be placed very close to the front wall? Would the META help in placement close to a wall?
3) Is the  KEF LS50's + KEF KC62 subwoofer combo strong enough for my room?

I guess I could also use the  KEF KC62 subwoofer with the Magico A1 and also the KEF Reference 1.

BTW -  I am seriously thinking of getting the Yamaha NS5000 that is classified as a bookshelf speaker. I have recently learned that it can be placed close to a front wall without catastrophic results. My only issue is that it is a relatively large speaker compared to other monitors and I am tight on space. This one should really be placed on the stands that Yamaha provides for it. This would make the space tighter than I would like. I think the other 3 speakers are actually more appropriate given my space restrictions.

I am looking for answers to my 3 questions and some opinions on my 3 choices.
yyzsantabarbara
I made a decision on this today. The main driver being the ease of use of the KRELL via ROON. The convenience factor of being able to adjust the volume using my cell phone is pretty important when I have multiple balls in the air when I am in that room. The KRELL is the only ROON READY component I have owned that supports this.

The KRELL works great with the KEF drivers. It also has built-in support for a sub. So today I ordered the KEF KC62 sub to pair with my LS50s. I will upgrade the LS50’s to the Ref 1 when they go META.

I do not think the KRELL will be as complimentary with the NS5000, 2 warm-ish components. The Benchmark gear I have will require a power strip, a streamer, a few more cables, and a remote that I will have to search for. Following the KISS principle I am going with the KRELL.

Thanks for the advice.
Go with the Kef subs always subs lol. But really subs for the win every time. 
One of the powered Kef speakers will integrate with the sub as it has a highpass crossover built in. This video goes over them. 
https://youtu.be/Y2Lc8oOinOY

Are you agents setting speakers on their side? Jbl 4329 could be a cool 3rd system lol. Something different and probably works well agents a wall with its’ horn and somewhat rolled off low end (front ported too)

https://youtu.be/Ib1xwudBU9I

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-4349-review-studio-monitor-speaker.22...

Another small speakers is Revels 128be it is a small speaker that should be an upgrade from the Kef. At $4k it is less than half the Magico and probably objectively as good… subjectively that is up for debate. I have only spent time with the Kef Reference 3 and the revel 328be but the mids and highs were a lot better on the revel, cleaner and could play stupid loud. Bass was better too but that is probably a given due to size. Really bettered the Kef in all aspects. Not sure how it translates to the book shelves. 
I am starting to like the idea of the small KEF sub because I have a small space beside the left speaker (3 foot) after I rearranged the shelves yesterday. If it does not work I can sell it.

My LS50's are 10 years old and are the original passive ones. So not powered or having any DSP built-in like the one in the YouTube video mentioned above. I have had some great amps on this speaker and it has always risen to the challenge. I tend to like concentric drivers, such as Thiel , KEF, TAD. Especially in challenging rooms, though this living room likely does not benefit from the concentric drivers.

These amps were very good to amazing on the LS50's,
KRELL, CODA(s), Benchmark, Bryston(s), even Peachtree.

After owning Revel Salon 1 I told myself I will never buy a Revel again. I had too many repair issues. It sounded pretty good when it worked. 

Magico is not a speaker brand I look for as my first choice however, the A1 was touted as playing big and also fairly nicely on a bookshelf. I liked the A3 when I demoed it though I liked a few other speakers more for the same application, Vivid, Yamaha, Paradigm.
On a side note. I love the new TIDAL Daily Mix feature that showed up on ROON. It took my deep dive past listening choices and dove even deeper.
You could try the Boneicke W5, read the reviews, it might offer something a bit different.