Why has focal raised their prices so much on Sopra line

I was looking at the Sopra 2 ,thinking about buying it ,it is a very good speaker it has not changed 
in 5 years thst I can see ,but the price has increased $4,000. Thst sounds like gouging to me ,
from $15 k to $19 k  if thatis thecase  the Wilson Sophia2 is a better speaker for the same price 
as well as night and day better resale value .
128x128audioman58
Focal raised their prices dramatically soon after former President Trump put 25% tariffs on goods imported from the EU.  So did many other European suppliers. The UK was granted exceptions as the administration liked Boris Johnson’s politics, so UK goods didn’t go up in most cases.  Rega just put in some modest increases, nothing like Focal’s.What I don’t know is whether the Biden trade policy will remove the tariffs and if prices will drop in consequence. 
Fasten your seatbelt. This is going to be a regular thing in the coming year or two. There are a whole list of cost increases that manufacturers have had to cover and the latest one is shipping. Container rates have gone up over 400% in some shipping lanes. Speakers are particularly sensitive to shipping costs because they are large and heavy.  I just ordered a DAC and shortly after my order I saw that the retailer increased the price 12% in one jump.

Another factor is exchange rates. The dollar has significantly weakened compared to the Euro in the last several months which means that it takes more dollars to buy a product made in Europe.

My advice is that if you've been planning a purchase and you have the funds you should pull the trigger quickly. I'm old enough so that I've seen this movie before and I think we are going to have stiff inflation over the next couple years.

Lastly, there is no such thing as "price gouging" on a luxury item like a high end speaker. In that price range you have well over 100 choices of excellent quality speakers to choose from so simply move on to another brand unless you can't live without the Sopras. US made speakers should be somewhat less prone to large price hikes but I'll probably have to eat these words in the next few months.
With increased government spending comes inflation.  It depends upon where the money comes from.  
I do think we need to update our infrastructure.  They either will increase taxes or print more money.  Either way we will all witness less net income to spend.

if you have the money pull the trigger.
@larry5729O
On the other hand, Larry, one way to look at it is, if it turns out as you say and some people's finances get squeezed either by inflation or taxes, they may find themselves needing to sell off some gear!  Maybe there will be some good deals.
With a saving of $13.5K, you could get a pair of these Outstanding Liberty Audio X-VOX Loudspeakers, which are a sleeper in the audiophile community; you can thank me later... ; )

X-VOX LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM – Liberty Audio

Wig