Parasound HCA-2200?

Hello all,
 I have a chance to buy one really cheap, does anyone here have any experience with these, it's a mk-I, and I understand the mk-II preferred, is it worth $300? Or should I pass?
Thanks, Kent 
lightwriter62
I own a Parasound HCA 2200 and the matching preamplifier and tuner.  They have served me well in a Sanus rack system with KEF 104.2 speakers, a Parasound CD player and Teac cassette player/recorder).  I highly recommend Parasound products, and since purchasing them in the early 1990's the only repair if have needed was a broken front panel lever (my fault) on the preamplifier.  If you can get that amplifier for $300 it's a great deal, assuming it performs well.  I will probably be selling my Parasound components in the near future, hopefully together as they are great matches (I have used a Parasound DA converter to bring them "up to date")...I hope to get a little more for my AMP than this, so you are getting a good deal!  If you go for this deal, enjoy!!!
Post removed 
years ago, owned both the 2200 Mk1 and the 2200 Mk2. Both are nice amps, but the MK2 was the John Curl designed unit with dual transformers, two power supplies etc. would agree with the others, for 300 bucks a pretty good deal. 

I have an HCA 2200 and I love it. I do not know which version, though it does not say on the front that it is a mkii, so I assume it is a mki. It does have two toroidal transformers. I don’t recall if it has separate power supplies.

I read that Mr. Curl recommends disabling two banks of small capacitors. I may take it to a local hifi shop and see if they are willing to perform said surgery. Kind of like tube rolling your solid state gear

Btw I bought mine on ebay about the time of the original post for $340. I think it was a bargain. No problems to date except a couple of screws that needed tightening. I pair it with a tube preamp (Aric Audio Transcend) and drive Magnepan 1.7i’s with it. Very happy.