A somewhat but not entirely rhetorical question:

At what point have you gals and guys divested yourselves of vintage tube gear for whatever reasons?  When have you decided "enough is enough" with maintenance involving costly repairs?

ps
@russ69 

That's what I keep doing, and why I keep having it fixed.  It's almost like having a serious, expensive drug habit!  :). 
Update.  Divesting myself of the vintage gear.  The mono amps are being completely gutted and reconfigured by a gifted tech I was able to find. The preamp and power supply are being gone over by one of the original designers/builders in preparation for selling the units.

Nostalgia only goes so far, and sometimes it goes too far -in the wrong direction.
OH, the irony....

The tech did such a fantastic job on the amps that I’m gonna keep ’em after all. They have never sounded better and that’s with barely a few hours on the many new caps he installed. If a few days, I’ll roll in a brand new octet of matched 6550’s.

Not only that, but I just got my octal tube preamp back from a CLA, and dang, that thing is sounding super-sweet too. Hooked up to my "new" amps and I’m super happy. Gonna keep that as well. A big plus is that it's got a great phono stage.

So, this isn’t nostalgia, after all, it’s an affirmation for me that classic tube circuitry is still gorgeous and preferable. My tech measured the output of the amps and they sure kickass. It’s the beefy Harmon Kardon transformers that do it. My Maggies are sounding better than ever.

Newer and shinier clearly ain’t always better. Thanks for reading.
Just had my HH Scott LK-72 gone thru by a local guy and it is not going anywhere. 
Congratulations @ps  in teaching yourself a valuable lesson before it was too late....