Advice for upgrading my system

I have been on Audiogon for about 6 months and I enjoy the expertise and reading the conversations. I am hoping to receive guidance to upgrade my 2 channel stereo.

I am now ready to upgrade and I have budgeted $30k to do so.

My current system is the following:

McIntosh MA 6600
McIntosh MP 100 Phono Preamp
Marantz super audio CD Player SA-11S2
Micro SeikiDD-40 Turntable
Denon DL 103D Cartridge
2-Monitor Audio PL - 100 speakers
1-Velodyne HGS12BGII Subwoofer
Sonos for DAC

My room has been acoustically treated in the
walls and ceiling by a company that specializes in this. 

I primarily listen to jazz, classical, and 70’s music.

Room dimensions are:
  ⁃ 30’ 6” long
  ⁃ 14’ 6” Wide for the first 12’ 4“ of the length and then
  ⁃ 10’ 4” Wide for the last 18’ 2” of the length

I consider the main listening area to be the 14’6” x 12’4” section.

I am looking forward to hearing your feedback. Btw, I live in Denver Colorado.

bhc148
So, your Monitor Audio speakers don't give you that holographic image, despite your room treatment?  What do they sound like?
If you are auditioning speakers, I would suggest giving Maggie’s a listen.  I was sold on mine when listening to Brubeck, as the resolution is amazing.

Good luck in your journey!
I would go for a speaker upgrade first and then your cartridge then your amplifier and phono stage and if you get the right kind of speaker for your room you will not need a subwoofer anymore at all. You have the start to a great system but you can modify it to be truly excellent and for a lot less than 30k.
You didn’t mention your cables, did you?  You got silver interconnects and high end digital cables and power cords?  For a great system, it fulfills the gears’ potential.  Darwin cables for example for ICs… David Laboga for digital… PM me for details if helpful.