A full range speaker?

Many claim to be, but how many can handle a full orchestra’s range?

That range is from 26hz to around 12khz including harmonics, but the speakers that can go that low are few and far between. That is a shame, since the grand piano, one of the center points of many orchestral and symphonic performances, needs that lower range to produce a low A fully, however little that key is used.

I used to think it was 32hz, which would handle a Hammond B-3’s full keyboard, so cover most of the musical instruments range, but since having subs have realized how much I am missing without those going down to 25hz with no db’s down.

What would you set as the lower limit of music reproduction for a speaker to be called full range?

I’m asking you to consider that point where that measurement is -0db’s, which is always different from published spec's.
128x128william53b
Thanks for the recommendation MotzartFan.

Regna Schirmers' 2000 recording of Schnirrke's 3 sonatas ordered.
Anything under 28 Hz is just vibration grand piano lowest  keys most is 28 Hz  ,money best spent on a speaker that will be clean to around 30 Hz ,there is very little recorded information 1-2% at most  below 30 Hz.
@motzartfan

I would have one or the other, not both woofers.  Speakers are energy conversion devices, to get lower bass with a smaller diaphragm it has to travel a greater distance, and that can only be tamed with a driver like GR Researches 12” speaker plate amp combos that are servo controlled.

I'd prefer to have a 15” that travel such a short distance, about ⅓, to create the same note at a given SPL, and so don’t need the servo. 
The Golden Days of audio tell us that if you use an the exponential horn as a 2-D go-by diagram, you can set your tweeter at the throat, select your woofer size, and then use the…

Oh, what the hell was I talking about anyway?!

😉
to the OP i can get you the wav files, super happy guy in Michigan with 5a just used them. The Vandy test tone disc includes scaling acoustic bass w finger, string and body noise ( recorded at Ocean Way ) Vandersteen drivers / cast baskets and motors in many cases ( almost  all ) are made by scanspeak, for decades. the 12” push pull honeycomb aluminum sub is unique to the 5 and 7. Carbon diaphragms are all made in house in good ole California.

Finally, time and phase don’t have to be screwed up…..

speakers currently in residence, studio, or mobile recording rack ( this last bit a hint about the journey you are rightminded about embarking on ) : Vandersteen, Thiel, Quad, Apogee, Klipsch, Totem, Bryston, Stax, and a beater but heavily modified pair of Dynaco A-25.