A full range speaker?

Many claim to be, but how many can handle a full orchestra’s range?

That range is from 26hz to around 12khz including harmonics, but the speakers that can go that low are few and far between. That is a shame, since the grand piano, one of the center points of many orchestral and symphonic performances, needs that lower range to produce a low A fully, however little that key is used.

I used to think it was 32hz, which would handle a Hammond B-3’s full keyboard, so cover most of the musical instruments range, but since having subs have realized how much I am missing without those going down to 25hz with no db’s down.

What would you set as the lower limit of music reproduction for a speaker to be called full range?

I’m asking you to consider that point where that measurement is -0db’s, which is always different from published spec's.
128x128william53b
Thanks for the recommendation MotzartFan.

Regna Schirmers' 2000 recording of Schnirrke's 3 sonatas ordered.
Anything under 28 Hz is just vibration grand piano lowest  keys most is 28 Hz  ,money best spent on a speaker that will be clean to around 30 Hz ,there is very little recorded information 1-2% at most  below 30 Hz.
@motzartfan

I would have one or the other, not both woofers.  Speakers are energy conversion devices, to get lower bass with a smaller diaphragm it has to travel a greater distance, and that can only be tamed with a driver like GR Researches 12” speaker plate amp combos that are servo controlled.

I'd prefer to have a 15” that travel such a short distance, about ⅓, to create the same note at a given SPL, and so don’t need the servo. 
The Golden Days of audio tell us that if you use an the exponential horn as a 2-D go-by diagram, you can set your tweeter at the throat, select your woofer size, and then use the…

Oh, what the hell was I talking about anyway?!

😉