A full range speaker?

Many claim to be, but how many can handle a full orchestra’s range?

That range is from 26hz to around 12khz including harmonics, but the speakers that can go that low are few and far between. That is a shame, since the grand piano, one of the center points of many orchestral and symphonic performances, needs that lower range to produce a low A fully, however little that key is used.

I used to think it was 32hz, which would handle a Hammond B-3’s full keyboard, so cover most of the musical instruments range, but since having subs have realized how much I am missing without those going down to 25hz with no db’s down.

What would you set as the lower limit of music reproduction for a speaker to be called full range?

I’m asking you to consider that point where that measurement is -0db’s, which is always different from published spec's.
128x128william53b
Again SUB is felt and it vibrates your ear drums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A sub would grate my nerves to no end. I note Vox and AER offers subs in their bigger designs. No thanks. No subs ever, never.
Full range speaker, no problem..  http://pointillistic.com/vmps-audio/RMX.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Very impressive indeed. WOW
The Mother of all ribbons.
Price?? don't care to know.

I have an old mirage 400 watt with dual 12’’ subs and I drug it into my basement to hear what I was missing and, yeah i got those good vibrations and every piece of ductwork in the house rattling in sympathy. I agree with the above post, get healthy bass to 40 hz, it’s enough to feel and the furniture won’t rattle across the floor.
 Someone above said 35, for me it a solid 30.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each his own
I'd much rather have a  40hz bottom midwoofer that offers a cleaner superior 40hz-1khz range. 
This is the tradoff.
Seas Magnesium Excel goes to 40hz, The Scanspeaks go to 25hz
Magnesium's are more musical in the 200-1khz range.
I don't care for paper cones, Heard too many paper cones back in the day.
So i give up the lower **tight punch** in these Scans, for a  superior voicing of the 200hz-1khz range of the Magnesium cones. . 
Always a  tradeoff.
The Seas newer cones, Graphene gives a  more kick in the lows, but at a  price, 2x;s((W22 = $550 each!!) the price of magnesium
Again trade off, $250 bargain vs a  wallet busting $550. 
For what, ? a  few hz's below 40hz?? = Not worth it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6B6WjAzuc8