Phono cartridge torque wrench

Hi Guys & Gals

Do any of you use a torque wrench when tightening your cartridge to your tonearm or do you just use a regular screwdriver or Allen key? 

Thank you
Scot
scothurwitz
Ok MC Wipe, Wipe, Wipe, and if your on a pure fruit and veggie diet add a couple more WIPES to it. How's that.. LOL

Funny part MC the "Bad guy" turned out to be a great actor too.

"Garrick" (Andrew J. Robinson) on Star Trek, Deep Space 9. He's made a reference or two to the Dirty Harry in the DS9 series, with a look over the shoulder and gaze directly into the camera. All the time with that silly "should I go for it look" and the LAST smirk he ever made in DH.

Man was Clint YOUNG then, So was I.

Regards
Using a torque wrench on cartridge screws is critical as the screws (T10 torx in my case) have to be tightened to exactly the same torque or unequal stress on the cartridge body can miss-align the coils in a moving magnet cartridge or the magnets in a moving magnet cartridge increasing crosstalk. I use precisely 0.5 nm. 

😝
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-precision-instruments-parts/3-4-drive-torque-wrench-and-breaker-bar-comb...

be sure to get mfr torque settings, especially important on 3d printed arms made by vpi

always make sure to unload the torque setting spring lock before putting it away after use  😆😆😆
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwqvY6ZmUkQ

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just so you know this is the WRONG way to torque. You NEVER put your hand in the middle of the torque wrench and you pull smoothly. NEVER jerk they way this CLOWN is doing it.. This is worst example of torquing I've EVER seen. Start in the middle and it's a cross pattern from bolt head to bolt head..  moving toward the outside of the torqued piece.. Center out..  I'd show him ONE time.. after that "HIT THE ROAD"

It’s done in 2 or 3 steps. about 100 ft lb of torque per round up to 325-350 FPT. It depends if the block and heads have been machined or not.. This is an 855, 16 bolts per head (If I remember right) Early models were 10 per head and 450-500 fpt.

Try 1600 fpt and 100 or so Bolts with a 8 foot torque multiplier. Spreading track on a trench cutter or big bore machine. A day of "Rowing the Boat" Arnold wished he had a back as broad as mine in my day..
No kidding.. 56" chest. steroids work... :-)

No body else wanted the jobs when they set up in Vegas.. I did the CES show just happen to be there EVERY time.. Go figure.. LOL 1600 fpt or 16 ipt there is still a proper way of TORQUING..

Regards