Phono cartridge torque wrench

Hi Guys & Gals

Do any of you use a torque wrench when tightening your cartridge to your tonearm or do you just use a regular screwdriver or Allen key? 

Thank you
Scot
scothurwitz
lube the threads

What? Mounted over 100 different cartridges over the years, no lube. None magnetic screws, plactic washers, small screw provided by cartridge manufacturer (always manually).

when I lube the bearing.

Not every bearings must be lubricated.

Reading about lubrications some newbies on this forum can be confused, it’s not necessary to lubricate every moving parts in turntable!
I’ve bought a little driver with a range of 0-50Ncm. I think the Rega one is preset for 40Ncm, which seems rather high to me, my usual setting by feels is more in the range of 5-10Ncm. I’ve not tried it on the cartridge bolts yet, I can’t access them without disturbing the alignment but the counterweight grub screw, VTA locking screw and cartridge mounting plate bolt are all accessible and have an audible effect on playback. I’ll get systematic with it once my Royal N comes back from Ortofon. I expect there will be some cartridge dependency as to what is optimum.
@chakster,

i was referring to the platter bearing of a belt driven turntable. I am unaware of any tonearm bearings requiring lube.
Reading about lubrications some newbies on this forum can be confused, it’s not necessary to lubricate every moving parts in turntable!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes it is.. Cleaning is a type lube. The parts have impregnated anti wear features. CLEANING put the two surfaces together AFTER removing the wear debris, dust and grime.. 

It's 101 first year apprentice stuff. NOT I didn't do it because its hard to clean, BUT I cleaned it because it WORE and left a mess. Moving parts wear, good lube and cleanliness stop a lot of it..

There is a right way and a wrong way.. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN, inspect, repair, lube if needed and assemble with care..
The second most critical question you can ever be asked, did you clean it three times? Or only twice?    

The first most critical question?  https://youtu.be/XF4yl9dUyBc?t=95