I think I screwed up 😬☹️

I purchased a Clearaudio Ovation w/ the magnify tonearm on the used market and upon setting it up I broke the small antiskate wire that attaches to the two dials on top of the “hood”. Am I screwed? I also notice that the arm is making direct contact with the bottom portion of the inner hood. So it’s very stiff as I pivot the arm into position to play a record. This does not seem right based on photos I’ve seen online. In photos, there seems to be a small space at the bottom like there is on the sides between the left and right magnets. I’m pretty bummed that I already broke this thing. Grateful for any thoughts/assistance. *Sigh*
paulgardner
Opening Up the Cartridges Packaging after Five Years Storage and discovering a Damaged Stylus will be a knock.
At times of a unwanted discovery, where trying to find the cause, will be an endless recollection of the if's and but's, that will realise into    becoming,  just one more story to be entered into the annals of, 
I live for my Vinyl but doesn't that commitment cause periodic levels of unwanted discomfort. 

It is great news that when such a occurrence is met, there are services available to help one through these times.

Again, these are stories to be told by many.
In my case, on a not too regular used Belt Drive TT.
I had offered a friend the loan of a Cartridge that was attached to the Tonearm in use on the TT.
It took about a year for the friend to accept the offer as their own alternative investigations were nearing an end.
After detaching the Cartridge and Placing it into the Packaging, I noticed the Aluminium Cantilever was quite bent. 
The Tonearm was always secured with a Wire Wrap Tie when not in use for a long period.
There is nothing else known apart from damage having been witnessed. 

Paul, Call Musical Surroundings and ask how you can get the arm back to Clearaudio for repair. They are the US importer. http://www.musicalsurroundings.com/
@mijostyn I brought it to my local dealer and they’re sending it to Musical Surroundings for repair. No tunes for awhile I guess 😐

Thanks for the reply!

Paul

Sorry to hear that.  Quality turntables are delicate devices. I would be very cautious buying used in general.