Manufacturers past their heyday

There are many companies that we all recall from years gone by that are gone. There are some companies that while still around, seem be be past their glory days. For instant, while Conrad Johnson is still around, they just don’t seem to be nearly as relevant as they used to be. Of course, my thought on CJ are purely subjective. And yet other companies seem to be as relevant today as they were 20 of more years ago. VPI perhaps? Definitely McIntosh. 

Who are the other former high flyers that seem to be operating on an altogether different level these days? 
128x128zavato
Rowland must be selling much of their production abroad, as I don't see them having much market penetration in the U.S.
Up to 40 years ago there were only so many companies. More than a few that were in the sound reproduction business were also in many other businesses. RCA, Philco, GE, is just a few.

The number of businesses that grew out of THE HIGH dollar market is what gets me. Little beautique shops are EVERYWHERE..

It’s as simple as "Exposure". To see some of the web sites and their promotions. You would think ALL the stuff they say they have, would take up at LEAST some type of store front. LOL

In reality they exist on papers sketched with ideas and some pretty fancy photo shop magic, They are in someone’s basement posing as a store front.. Is that wrong? Not at all unless they say they have something other than a VIRTUAL store front..

In reality 99% of the companies today around the world exist just that way, and NO OTHER WAY.

The need for exposure is gone, the need for a store front is gone, the need to spread by word of mouth is gone.

The ABILITY to SELF promote and AVOID issues is reflected right here on Agon, and Ebay to mention a few..

The seller unless they are JUST scumbags, usually get a pass on selling junk, snake oil, lies, hype, WRONG information, just to touch it with a needle it would POP, I see it all the time..

There are so many makers or sellers or what ever they call themselves that 30 companies in 60s is 30,000 companies ALL over the world, NOW

The USSR, remember that mess. A LOT of stuff is built there for export, NOW.. That was unheard of before the breakup.. TO mention just one in the region.

NOW China, All the old USSR, and India is the face of everything from the old made in Japan/Taiwan crowd.. TO 3/4 of the worlds population is now in the MAKE EVERYTHING business and selling to US.

We do have plenty of excess face covers and hand sano wash, as FUEL jumps a dollar per gallon in a week, on NOTHING more than speculation.

When Clinton left office fuel was .99 - 1.99. per gallon and the price per barrel was exactly the same price. It was the only thing he got kinda right.

I think current stereo gear (cables are #1) has the same whopping overpriced problem.. Middle man America and everyone thinks they earned a cut... and never lifted a hand..

A whole lot of GREADY, LAZY, FAT people!!! I’m 20 lbs over weight and purely ashamed. BUT I’m aware..

Regards