For ARC lovers, Problems?

I had a ref 6 which I liked a lot and had no problems with. I upgraded to the ref 10 which sounded appreciably better but I ended up with a number of problems that I could no longer tolerate. I have a new pre which is very good but is not nearly as exciting as the audio research sound.
From your experience with Audio Research is this a good idea going back to the ref 6 with the hope of upgrading it to the SE? Or will I regret it due to reliability issues? There are pages on Audiogon concerning ARC reliability issues and I don't want to jump feet first into another expensive audio quicksand.
Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

roxy1927
Post removed 
"Does anyone know if ARC is still doing upgrades?  I was put on the list to upgrade my LS28 to LS28SE when they announced the upgrade program last June.  I inquired about it in December and was told that my upgrade would likely be scheduled for the first or second week of January.  I inquired again this month and have gotten no response.  I called and the greeting says to send an email if you have questions about service which, of course, I already had.

If anyone has any information about the upgrade program that they would like to share I would certainly appreciate hearing it."

I wrote the above back in February and I owe Audio Research an update.  I finally decided to call again and speak to an actual person rather than follow the instructions to send an email.  When I did speak to someone in service I was told to expect an email in a couple of weeks about sending my LS28 in and, in fact, got that email considerably quicker than that.  The bottom line is my pre was upgraded to an SE in short order at the announced price and the upgrade was definitely worth it.

Have since had a great time doing a shootout between the LS28SE, a PS Audio BHK Signature preamp and a Bakert Labs Rhumba Extreme 1.3.  Great fun.

Kudos to ARC.
i agree w @bdp24

arc gear, esp. power amps, have a non trivial cost of operation over time

tubes cost money, and arc amps need very well sorted and matched tubes, buying tube sets from arc you pay a 'luxury tax' of sorts, just like owners of ferraris and porsches do when it time to service them ...

worth it though... the sound is truly wonderful
@larryrs 

Have since had a great time doing a shootout between the LS28SE, a PS Audio BHK Signature preamp and a Bakert Labs Rhumba Extreme 1.3.  Great fun.

so you gonna tell us???  :)