two problems with turntable

First time poster here. First of all, thanks to the group for providing some insight as to problem solving as well as your experiences with various brands of audio gear. This sight, has been very informative over the years as well as entertaining at times.

My system:
TT-Acoustic Solid, White,(no longer in production but similar to other Acoustic Solid models), WTB 370 arm made by REGA, Ortofon Quintet, Red. This TT isn't common in US as they mainly sell in Europe, Asia and Canada
Gold Note PH 10
Innuos Zen MK3
Bryston BP17 cubed with DAC
Bryston 4B cubed
Vandersteen TREO CT
Vandersteen Sub 3 (2)
Cables IC-Audioquest Yukon, Speaker-Cardas, Power-Audioquest NRG Y3
Room treatments-GIK and Acoustimass panels

This system was put together over the past few years. All components worked perfectly very well until recently. About five months ago I broke the red lead wire on the tonearm which is the right side (+) and after the wire was replaced and sent back by a reputable dealer, I notice the left channel plays about 5-10 db lower than right channel. The dealer says that if I bring the entire TT back to the store, they will analyze completely but they're over an hour away. This problem only occurs with TT playback and not digital playback and has been this way about two months. The other issue I have is with anti skate. The recommended VTF is 2.1 to 2.5 and it's currently set at 2.28. The optimum setting I have found for anti skate is just above zero which seems odd because most set ups call for anti skate to be set similar with VTF. VTA and Azimuth settings appear to be spot on and the right channel plays perfect. Cartridge alignment was set up properly with the protractor provided. The Gold Note has two inputs and I've tried both inputs  with the same results. 

This forum has some extremely experienced and sharp minds and I hope that one or more of you can help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

George

george4471
Two round trips are well worth knowing all is good if you trust them.

I would take the TT to them, let them check everything. Perhaps have them solder 4 new wires, better quality, silver solder ..., re-wire the arm with litz wire ... depends on how much you like the arm.

Meanwhile, if you don't have tools, order these:

https://www.amazon.com/Turntable-Protractor-Anti-sliding-Calibration-Adjustment/dp/B08227CZPG/ref=pd...

get/set the specs for your tonearm re:

spindle to pivot
overhang
two null points

one of these for Azimuth

https://www.amazon.com/BESPORTBLE-Cartridge-Elevation-Alignment-Headshell/dp/B08CRHW4QT/ref=sr_1_8?d...

one of these for tracking force (anti-skate OFF, zero)

https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Turntable-Backlight-Tracking-Cartridge/dp/B071P9VZ5Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dc...=

Finally, flip the protractor LP over to the blank side, spin, skate is easy to see. Set the anti-skate visually while manually spinning. Check at several distances from the spindle, decide.

Then refine by ear, (ignore any #s)

1. you know via other sources that the system is balanced

2. You need both the CD and LP versions of familiar music with readily discernable imaging.

2a. CD reveals what intended imaging is

2b. before playing, pre-set anti-skate to match tracking force, just to start.

2c. refine the anti-skate bit by bit if needed, to achieve imaging similar to the CD.

My favorite, which has very discernible L/C/R is this 3 Guitarists LP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_Night_in_San_Francisco

side 2, last 2 tracks they all 3 play, and the audience cues can be helpful, listen for that on the CD, then back to the LP.

Didn’t anyone notice that cleeds nailed it? The problem is downstream from the turntable, guys. And cleeds outlined what to do next.

As to setting AS, no matter what ancient advisories may tell us, setting AS = VTF is always going to end up with too much AS. I suggest start w zero AS , listen for R channel distortion, then add AS in tiny increments until R channel distortion disappears. There are other methods of course. But the OP says he can’t hear any difference related to AS setting anyway. You can’t set it by ear if you don’t hear that changes make a difference. Either there is inherent friction in the horizontal plane that by itself constitutes sufficient AS or ?  But zero AS can do just as much damage to LPs as AS=VTF.
Rega's anti skate scale is notoriously inaccurate, better to find a starting point with the cartridge holding on a blank disc and set it by ear for best dynamics from there, which will probably be a slight increase from the initial setting. If you use the land between lead out grooves for the initial setting check there’s no writing engraved on it first.
THIS LP is perfect for antiskating adjustment and everything else including tonearm/cartridge resonance test. 
The lead idea was logical seeing as how it happened. Think of the odds, the phono stage goes out right when the cartridge pin is changed. Switching the leads the signal did not follow the lead so it can't be that. Has to be either the phono stage or the interconnect from the phono stage to the amp. Or the RCA input on the amp. Always fun when something coincidentally goes wrong at the time something else is changed.