Poor grammar is disappointing and decidedly distracting in formal audio reviews.

I find the majority of formal audio reviews across numerous publications to be easy reads.  However, I can barely put together a coherent thought when reading anything by Jason Kennedy, editor of the-ear.net.  It is as if he does not understand the limitation of use of a comma.  Do the English really have that much of a different implementation of the english language versus Americans?  Does anybody else struggle to read certain editors' work?
mganga
One that drives me nuts and I see it all the time in these forums. Base instead of bass. I do realize that English is not the first language for many posters and they get a pass. The English first speakers, no excuse. I just don't understand that one. It's BASS!
personally, it doesn't bother me. i think poorly written reviews make the well written ones (admittedly rare!) stand out more. i'd agree some are too wordy, some are too nerdy, some are purple to the point of inducing nausea, some are apparently devoid of even a single coherent thought - but this is stereo equipment, not philosophy, so in reality the stakes are pretty low
It’a those damned cultural marxists. Stealing our commas, our grammar, our spelling, our women, our elections. And on the eve of our holiest day. Bastards.