Poor grammar is disappointing and decidedly distracting in formal audio reviews.

I find the majority of formal audio reviews across numerous publications to be easy reads.  However, I can barely put together a coherent thought when reading anything by Jason Kennedy, editor of the-ear.net.  It is as if he does not understand the limitation of use of a comma.  Do the English really have that much of a different implementation of the english language versus Americans?  Does anybody else struggle to read certain editors' work?
mganga
Writing on this forum is frequently very poor.

Interestingly on this post about grammar I have carefully scanned everyone's writing and find only a single slip.  That's the very commonplace and dreaded redundant apostrophe in the post above.
Sorry papa, that's totally annoying.

Must be the subject matter that's made everyone pull up his socks.

Long may it continue.  I'm going out to feed the chicken's.
Some errors that we blame on writers and editors may actually be the fault of "spellcheck" software. "Spellcheck" programs recognize only around 1,500 words, none of them naturalized from languages other than English, and demand that any word having a terminal "s" flourish an apostrophe. So even if we edit the writer, spellcheck can easily mis-edit our corrections. 

Ha-Ha! As professor, I can tell you that "grammatically correct" English is way over.

Any combination of words and punctuation is now considered proper. People who are "edumacated" are viewed as "elites" and "snobs" and are thought to be subversives in today’s "I am a whole lot dumber than you are" competition.

I think it is funny. I devoted my life to helping people communicate effectively, but today, a giant gun and a smart phone (guess they sprung full blown from an egg or something) is considered to be all you need to "communicate" with others.

Soon, we will be a two-part country--those with an education like, oh, I don’t know, your DOCTOR, (who is an elitist snob who don’t no nothin’), and everyone else, who are the "real people" on the planet--they "keep it real," you know. No high-highfalutin’ talkin’ ’round here. We gotta get down in the gutter 'cause that’s REAL LIFE, baby.

We deserve whatever climate change, fast food, and stupidity bring us, sorry to say.

Oh, and as we found out during the pandemic, ANYONE can teach, so paying for teachers and schools is dumb. We should shut down all schools and school programs other than those that teach you how to make, steal ,whatever, as much MONEY as possible. Why else are you on the Earth other than to be a billionaire no matter what you have to do? Money is more important than ANYTHING, right?

Happy "Independence Day!"