Poor grammar is disappointing and decidedly distracting in formal audio reviews.

I find the majority of formal audio reviews across numerous publications to be easy reads.  However, I can barely put together a coherent thought when reading anything by Jason Kennedy, editor of the-ear.net.  It is as if he does not understand the limitation of use of a comma.  Do the English really have that much of a different implementation of the english language versus Americans?  Does anybody else struggle to read certain editors' work?
mganga
Do you remember  an ezine called "Stereo Mojo"? They've been gone for awhile but I remember cringing virtually every time I read one of their show reports. It wasn't just comma misuse but every imaginable form of grammatical and mechanical errata known to mankind was there readily on display. I couldn't believe any of it was ever proofread.

BTW, the emperor of comma abuse was none other than Harry Pearson. He slung them around with such abandon that it would have made James Joyce blush. I remember remarking at one time (possibly on the AG forum) that with his passing there would now be enough of a supply available so that the rest of the world could go back to using them.
There is no excuse in this modern age. There is a program called "Grammarly" that is available free of charge to those who want it.

https://www.grammarly.com/native/windows

They have an advanced version that is not free that helps one to construct better sentences too. 

Frank
Most reviews are for advertising purposes only. Some might try to entertain as well.

I can’t say I struggle to read any of them, not even the frankly unpleasantly dishonest Darko, but most are as dull as ditchwater.

Kennedy seems to be one of those steady pros who gets the job done. The kind proprietors like, a steady pair of hands. He can’t write for toffee but he seems to be aware of that.

"I started reviewing when I joined Hi-Fi Choice magazine for its transition from an A5 to an A4 monthly publication in 1987. By dint of persistence I was made Editor and stayed until 2001."

On the other hand I still enjoy reading Ken Kessler but his opiniated articles have little or nothing to do with my consumer decisions.

Here’s an extract from one of his latest posts on Soundstage HiFi.

"Ken Kessler’s New Stereo System: Part One

Here’s where it gets nasty, though—and why audiophiles are considered to be the meanest, most tight-fisted pricks on the planet: back in ’81, precious few “normal” people, as opposed to pre-conditioned hi-fi enthusiasts, balked at scraping together £299. Today? They’d expect to pay the same! Tell a civilian that an equivalent hi-fi system should cost £1400, and they’ll call you a rip-off artist."

https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/international/soundstage-uk/1564-ken-kesslers-new-stereo-sy...