VTL Service ??

I am considering buying an amp by VTL and have been told their service is very poor.
Do any of you have any firsthand experience with them??
Am considering their ST150.
Thx for your help.
jim
jim_gerace
I hear you and I'm glad you're experience was good but there is just no reason to be nasty and condescending towards a customer for any reason..

There's a blog somewhere on the net titled "Getting customer service from VTL is like getting Blood from a Stone" 
You are one of the lucky ones.  I asked Bea why i'm being treating this way.  I asked "why do you and Luke hate me so much"  I told them i was a loyal customer but zero replies.  I'm done.  They don't deserve my money.  There are too many nice and appreciative manufactures out there.  I've never heard this type of stuff from any other companies in 40+ years of being an Audiophile
Post removed 
And even 2021 VTL has the worst Customer service..Some things never change. I own a IT 85 which I enjoy the sound of had a question and got nothing but agida from the conversation with Bea..She is literally a mental midget. They truly do not understand the power of customer service..VTL could have been a premier leading tube brand...It's their Customer Service that has caused them to languish while brands that are 1/3 the cost like Line Magnetic with their open tube designs and comparable sound have taken the spotlight. 

Way to go Bea and Luke. 
On the opposite side of the scale is Keith Herron at Herron Audio. Best cs in the business. There are plenty of good guys making great tube amps; why buy product made by a company like VTL?

However: If you buy new from a VTL dealer, it is HE should deal with any and all problems. That’s how he earns his 40 points. Brooks Berdan was a VTL dealer, and had a number of very happy VTL-owning clients. In his listening room he had VTL and Jadis power amps, Jadis and Hovland pre's.

For we less affluent, he had Music Reference. ;-)
Luke Manley is a total piece of crap....  rudely dismissed my "lifetime transferable " warranty even after I had sent my info about the purchase to them from the original owner 6 months before I had a problem.   In fact I have never been treated as poorly by any company as I was when talking to Bea.   They have no clue.

At one point in time the David Manley designed VTL amps had this warranty .   Can't even imagine how many first and subsequent owners got screwed out of "warranty service"    im honestly surprised they are still in business.