Tube buffer in tape loop@

Hi,I recently bought an Esoteric K03XD, which sounds absolutely amazing with most albums. I find some 90’s rock sounds a bit harsh, and I was considering adding a valve device. I use a Bryston MP26 pre-amp, and I was wondering if inserting a valve buffer (Icon Audio BA3) in the tape loop might be an idea.

Icon Audio suggests that the buffer is best placed between two components. As I really like the sound as it is for most albums, I am reluctant to do this. I was hoping that placing it in the tape loop might enable me to listen to the CD player, or any source, and hear the source as per normal when the switch on the Bryston in the "source" position, and hear the processed sound with that switch in the "tape" position.

Is that correct?
I came across a rather alarming post in a forum saying that this works, but that it is possible to seriously damage components or speakers if you put the switch in the "source" position. That seems odd to me, but there is so much I know I don’t know that I tend to be a bit cautious. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
paleo12
Thanks for that; I will peruse this site.  I did not know it existed.

I agree that colouring or softening everything because of a few bad recordings would not be a good idea.  However, that is not my plan.  If things work out as I hope, I would listen almost all the time to the pure, unadulterated, and excellent sound of the CD player.  If I find an album uncomfortably bright, I would toggle the "source/tape" switch to "tape".  The signal would then travel through the buffer, which hopefully would make the sound more pleasant.
I have seen that many people really like the sound quality that valves produce.  This idea gives me the option to go from good quality ss sound to some kind of valve sound, and back, with the flick of a switch. 

As I would have the option to return the buffer if I don't like what it contributes, and as it is relatively inexpensive, trying it out seems like a low risk strategy.  I was a bit uncertain about the technical aspect of it, hence my original post.
...just another version/variant of eq.....*shrug*

Season to Taste....;)

The same reason condiments are on restaurant tables.....
...except, Of Course, the 'fancy ones' that expect one to eat what, as served...

I like hash browns with mustard vs. ketchup...catsup...tomato sauce, to be Precise....but, I'm just weird my way....*S*
Maybe instead of the buffer, you should try a Schiit Audio Loki. A friend put one between his Jolida cd player and Rogue RP-5 tube preamp. Now it is possible to tolerate listening to the Stones Let it Bleed album.
I had a look at this.  Wow, tone controls! I remember those.
Looks like a very good idea, thanks.  Instead of adding one item, which would add one kind of colouration to the sound, I would get something much more versatile, and much cheaper.
I could still use the tape loop, and bypass it altogether when not in use.