Analog upgrade: Luxman EQ-500 Phono preamp + Hana Umami Red Cartridge + REED 2A Tonearm

As the resident analogue system is being restructured, I am thinking of joining these 3 components:

Luxman EQ-500 Phono preamp + Hana Umami Red Cartridge + REED 2A Tonearm

I would like to know if anyone here knows and recommends them and if, by any chance, have already heard some of these components together (or not).

I have a Portuguese handcrafted turntable "Rui Borges UNO MKII", a Luxman class integrated amplifier (L-590AXMKII) and KEF R11 speakers.

On the phono issue I didn't even hesitate, as I knew the brand very well before, and it was in the top of my preferences. As for the cell, my doubt lies the most. Given her price level, can I choose better?

I've been knowing for yers the other versions of the brand and I'm a fan of the sound characteristics. But on this one, the top of the range, I never heard before and I don't know it at all. And of course, it will be impossible to demo it. 

Anyone knows how could be the relationship between Hana cartridge's with the REED tonearm? That also worries me a little as I'm not a technical expert in this matter.

Someone who knows Hana Umami (since she is recent)?
What are the pros and cons of this cell?

I listen to everything from heavy rock to jazz, acoustics, voices, blues, classical.

Thankyou for your best advice

Cheers
lcarpediem
You are welcome lcarpediem.  I should add that some people think impedance matching may be over rated. I had that experience myself when I owned a Herron VTPH 2A phono stage. I frankly had a difficult time hearing much of a difference when using different loading plugs. I also ran it "wide open" @47k and it sounded quite good. I think Keith even recommended that setting for most MC carts.
However, loading may be more critical when using SUTs, which the EQ 500 has, hence my recommendation to contact Luxman.
Thank you very much grk,

I will do. And try to find the contact of them in Europe. 

What are the possible consequences, sonically, of this possible incompatibility?

According to you, this possible lack of 100% compatibility may be inconvenient enough?

Will the versatility of adjustments on the EQ-500 not be enough to overcome this possible inadequacy?

Please see this short excerpt I took from the measurements of the Luxman EQ-500, from Stereophile magazine:

"but these measured gains were affected by the interaction of the EQ-500's input impedance of 56 ohms (High) and 7 ohms (Low) with the Audio Precision's output impedance of 20 ohms..."

You can see it in here:
(https://www.stereophile.com/content/luxman-eq-500-phono-preamplifier-measurements)...

It gives the feeling that, in the measurements made by them, the lag is not that big (7 ohms Low) for the values of the cell (6 ohms), right? Or am I seeing this wrong?

Sorry for the bodder and many thanks for the help

Luis.

"What are the possible consequences, sonically, of this possible incompatibility?"
"The audible effects of using an overly high load impedance setting can typically be a lack of low frequencies, a slightly hard or ”unmusical”  sound with poor imaging. If the sound quality is somewhat veiled and lifeless, the impedance loading may be too low."  https://www.mysonic.space/phono-cartridge-impedance-loading
 I don't think the Stereophile measurements address the issue of whether or not the Hana is a good match.
You should also check with Luxman dealers as to what cartridges they think are a good match.  
Glenn

grk, that opinion article you mentioned above (very well written by the way), does not apply at all to the possible differences between the impedances of the phono EQ-500 and the Hana Umami cartridge. 

(https://www.mysonic.space/phono-cartridge-impedance-loading)

These differences (as I was almost sure) are entirely irrelevant and do not apply to the one mentioned by the opinion article author. 

I had already informed myself from knowledgeable people in the field that there would be no problem at all, which was confirmed by Luxman themselves.

Here you can see the answer that luxman sent me:

"The HANA-Umami quoted output of 0.4mV will be accommodated by the Luxman EQ-500 “low” MC input (0.18mV minimum sensitivity) required to drive EQ-500 to full output while preserving S/N ratio. 

HANA-Umami’s quoted internal impedance of 6 Ohms would be best partnered via the EQ-500’s “low” input impedance. (i.e. 2.5 Ohms) 

In this case, the 6 Ohm matching of HANA-Umami coil output impedance to “low” EQ-500 input impedance is within acceptable operational parameters.

While the HANA-Umami’s published specs calls for “recommended loading” of > 60 Ohms, this would not always apply. The 60+ Ohm recommendation would likely refer to “semiconductor/ fixed resistor based phono loading”. Along with its unique vacuum tube based circuitry, the EQ-500 features independent L+R channel “transformer based loading”, having unique electrical behaviors. The Luxman EQ-500 (internal) transformers can present ideal loading when they are at OR near the MC cartridge’s actual internal coil(s) impedance. In this case, 2.5 Ohms and 6 Ohms are very close and compatible.

The employed tonearm cabling and connectors will also provide slight/ additional series Ohms loading. (before signals reach the EQ-500 input, making the Ohms match even closer.) The various other front panel settings (Capacity, Impedance, etc.) on the EQ-500 are for use with Moving Magnet, Moving Iron, or Induced Magnet phono cartridge types. These do not factor into Moving Coil cartridge performance. 

While many things can be written on the Internet, what is provided to you here are direct comments/answers from the Luxman engineering staff in Japan."

Thanks any way.