testing a crossover

hi guys and girls i have a
problem with my 3 way  wilmslow-audio mirrage speakers , I am hoping you can help me with the problem,.
Lately my power amp went pop and i sent it away for repair,when i
received it back {repaired} it went pop again,on sending it back to
the repair technician ,he has come back to me ,and asked me to take
some ohms readings on the speakers, on testing the speakers , i run
these speakers using 2 power amps{Arcam Alpha 10s,using one for low
pass{bass} and the other for MID/HIGH,this is the amp which keeps
blowing,on the high /mid,on testing the terminal the bass{low pass}
read {left speaker]7.9 ohms ,right speaker bass 6.8ohms, But on the
left and right speakers hi/mid ,both read 0.0 ohms,{which we all know
is wrong}
BUT the strange thing is,when the blown amp was away,i only used one
power amp to run both speakers in bi wire config,and they worked
ok,all being a bit lack of bass and tightness,but still sound great.
So i stripped both speakers and checked the drivers,all 6 drivers
where good no shorts reading approx correct ohms for age,{Speakers
disconnected from x over}.can any one help with this,i would be so much in debt.
kind regards Mark
likklegerry
pps,just to add to my explanation ,i feel that there might be a value issue here,what do you guys think,ive possibly fitted the wrong value caps{i dont think i have,as i would have compared them before fitting}but they are definitely different type of caps,ill dig the old ones out and put the old type and what i replaced then with on here later,but today i have to do some concreting, my wife is going crazy.
thanks again guys
M
Sorry to state the obvious but, why not just take the xovers along with the schematic to your local eletrician who will solve the issue in a jiffy for a few quid -- if that:)
There's a short somewhere in the tweet xover and that's tricky to identify from afar It could be a component failure, a wrong connection, etc)!Good luck
@likkelgerry-  Apparently: I wasn’t clear enough, when answering the question you posted (on 6/22).

NOTHING in my answer has ANYTHING TO DO, with the problem you’ve experienced. (specifically why I stated, "just FYI/fun facts")

Any PROPERLY FUNCTIONING nonpolar/bipolar capacitor, will act the same way, when presented with DC.

Once they charge in the direction of the DC current’s flow, they BLOCK any further DC, which (when used as coupling caps) is their intended purpose.

What I suggested would not damage ANYTHING bigger than the typical tweeter, OR: I wouldn’t have suggested such.

Obviously: my use of the word, "POP" triggered something.

btw: I still stand by my first post to this thread (on 6/10).

IF your crossovers were truly functioning properly (everything sounded as it should), when correctly connected to ONE amp, all of those crossovers’ internal components were fine, to start with.

"...my wife is going crazy."

I’ll bet!
Hi rodman,whn everything is connected in a  one or two amp system is in use ,everything sounds great,the sound is amazing, slightly better with two power amps {obviously},but nothing is a miss,its just that it keeps blowing one amp,the one driving the mid/highs,and that is the only problem,i just cannot find out why,but every time it blows an amp,it cost me a fortune to send to Sofia about 200 miles from where i live in Bulgaria,as its the only tech i can find in the country,postage alone is £50plus the repair another £100 plus.

gregm3,iits not esay in bulgaria to find a electronic HIFI tech,,to find any tech is a job in its self,a good one is like rocking horse ..

Cheers guys Mk