Kuzma 4Points and Lyra carts

I am currently enjoying a Lyra Etna SL on a Morch DP8. I am interested in trying a Kuzma 4Point.  I have heard that many find the Kuzma/Lyra combination to work well.

Does anyone think there would be an advantage to the 4Point 11" over the 4Point 9"?  Specifically with sound quality not VTA tower use. 

Thanks!

128x128karl_desch
Dear @karl_desch  : ""  I think it’s worth noting that some arms probably deal with vibrations and resonances better than other in the same effective mass range.  ""

Yes, sometimes better than other and sometimes just different.

You can analize the Reed 3P that's too a very good design and comes with removable headshell where its EM ( cocobolo or ebony ) is almost the same as the Kuzma 9.

That's an alternative you can thing about and where you will be safe too:

https://www.reed.lt/product/reed-3p/

R.
The 4 point 14 has been here for a few days. No regrets even though it is about $1000 an inch more than the 11. “ substantial and satisfying “ sums it up. The arm just seems to be in control. I know blacker background is a tired cliche but best I have at the moment… sound coming from silence, smooooth

and I’m still dialing it in

Next i plan to get another for my mono cartridge. I love this thing, I’ve bought dozens of items in the past few years and this is one of the few where you hear immediately how much better it is than what you have . Of course that does nothing to help the OP with his 9 versus 11 question except I don’t see what the caveats expressed about setting up longer arms are about

I do think a lot of it has to do with the 19 g effective mass of the Kuzma being a better match for the Miyajima Destiny than the 12 Gram of the Moerch

anybody want to buy a Moerch DP8 ?

@herman thanks for the update. I’m sure that arm is a thing of beauty. I recently decided to go for the 4point 9.  This was ultimately a decision based on simplicity, synergy with my table and price.  $1250 less per inch! I went for the Cardas Clear from gold clips to ETI Kryo RCA. Ordered two extra headshells so I can more easily sway the Etna SL for the Sussurro and the A90.  I have experience with Clear wire so I know what it does in my system. Also, the dealer I’m working with informs me that it is Franc’s favorite tonearm wire. FWIW.
Should receive the arm sometime in mid July. I will also report back! Will be an interesting change from the Mørch DP8 which I have enjoyed for many years.