The Intellectual People Podcast - Ethan Winer (RealTraps)

Ethan Winer joins for an hour of explanation of room treatment and explains his views on many other audio related topics including his book The Audio Expert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUmt8knPs0M
128x128jtwrace
Ethan winer , didn't he challenge Paul mcgowan a year or so ago on this very power cable subject. 

He also has a video up doing a null test. 

Now, I don't think Ethan is a all knowing expert matter in fact nobody here is. But he does , usually have a very informed opinion about things like this. 

Take it was some if you wish, but I see nobody here defy him either with "facts" .. 
He continues to say the same thing over and over. 

He says there is no difference. Unless you can measure a difference..

That DOG don't hunt... There is an EXPERT opinion..

Mr Michel there are EXPERTS here, believe it or not..

I've worked on more cables in a day than Mr Winters has in a year.. OVER and OVER again for over 45 years..

NOT simple, Simple, SIMPLE stereo gear.. How simple can something be.. Stereo GEAR.. A door on a VW beetle is more complicated for God Sakes..

You have to BE informed to inform others.. SILLY!!

Here is another expert opinion.. Time to feed the chickens. :-)

Regards
I believe humans are insensitive to distortion until it reaches high levels especially in lower frequencies where we seem to tolerate a lot.
The brightness of traditional solid state is caused by distortion- and not very much of it if you believe the specs they publish. Yet we hear it easily - because our ears use the higher ordered harmonics to sense sound pressure and so have to be very keen about them- the ear has about a 125-130db range.