Kuzma 4Points and Lyra carts

I am currently enjoying a Lyra Etna SL on a Morch DP8. I am interested in trying a Kuzma 4Point.  I have heard that many find the Kuzma/Lyra combination to work well.

Does anyone think there would be an advantage to the 4Point 11" over the 4Point 9"?  Specifically with sound quality not VTA tower use. 

Thanks!

128x128karl_desch
Thank you Raul. I was having problems finding the compliance measurement for the SoundSmith Sussurro ES.
I was having problems finding the compliance measurement for the SoundSmith Sussurro ES.

and even if you find it you are relying on somebody else measuring it accurately, along with the difference in how it is typically done in Japan vs. elsewhere if looking at a Japanese cartridge, along with somebody else effectively measuring the effective mass of the arm,, so a whole other can of worms. As Raul alluded to , you can’t be sure so just have to try it.

A great example of why I decided long ago to go only with arms with integral phono leads. Granted you probably can find some really good phono interconnects. But the first thing that IC has to do is overcome the distortion and losses of all the extra connections.

except the $3000 Kondo upgrade is a set of integral leads, so now you are stuck with them not knowing if the sound you are getting could be bettered by one of the other options. That said I am going with a different  integral set even though I’m not convinced that there are any significant loses or distortions in extra connections. I’ll never know though.
I think it’s worth noting that some arms probably deal with vibrations and resonances better than other in the same effective mass range.  Those arms are probably more flexible when it comes to cartridge compatibility.
Karl, in regards to the Lyra cartridges the 4 point 9 is the best choice. The 11 will work but the 9 will undoubtedly have less distortion because of it's lower polar moment of inertia and I think you can get a feel for that in the reviews. Both arms will be a significant improvement over the Morch. You will notice an improvement in bass detail and power.