JVC TT 71: buy now for spare for my or TT81?

Both are quartz locked.  Any reasons to prefer a TT81 to a TT71?

I am thinking of making an offer on a JVC TT71 to have as a spare spinner if my current TT81 develops bad habits (TT81 is in my large plinth with 3 arms now).

Asking $399. Thinking of paying $350.

1 hr from me, I would pick it up. It's 120v model, that would eliminate the 120/100 transformer my 100v TT81 needs.
elliottbnewcombjr
There is a TT801 on Yahoo Buyee with less than an hour left and no bids. Starting at $468.12 USD. Missing the vacuum pump and platter mat is not original.Give me a TT71 or TT81, the TT801 and TT101 are to old at this point without extensive maintenance.

BillWojo
Watch the bigs in the last 30 seconds, not one hour before the auction ending :)) You will be surprised.

Not sure what’s the point to buy an inferior tt-71 or tt-81 if Denon DP-80 is better than all of them.

TT-101 is the ultimate, but for a non working unit prepare to pay $1500 on top for maintenance (not including shipping). Luckily my second TT-101 is working and i’m the second owner.

Elliot, why do you expect your TT81 to fail eventually? I recognize the favorable cost factor with the TT71, but I always prefer buying upscale, rather than down. Also issues with the TT101 are a bit overstated here, and that is partly my fault because I described my problems in detail on this website. In the end, my unit had a single crack across one tracing on one of its PCBs which was very difficult to find both because the malfunction was intermittent and because the crack was covered over with solder. Turns out the Victor PCBs are hygroscopic and their freedom to swell and contract is restricted by fixed mounts bolted to the chassis. This can lead to cracking. But there was nothing wrong with the complex circuit itself. A working TT101 with fresh electrolytic capacitors installed is nothing to be afraid of and is a great turntable. However, I’d stay away from the TT801, especially one with no vacuum motor and no mat. That’s ridiculous.
And I forgot to mention that because of that issue with the swelling of the printed circuit boards, I suggest using the Victor turn tables in a low humidity environment or at least in an environment where the temperature fluctuations are minimal.
lewm

I'm not going past TT81, so it's what fits the plinth: TT61 (not quartz locked), and TT71 or TT81 (both quartz locked). 100 and 120 v versions. The TT71 I found is 120 v.

The question is: any reason not to buy a TT71? Engineering difference that might matter?.

Visually it seems they made a change to the type of speed control, I don't care about that, never use them, that's the point of quartz locked isn't it?