Townshend Audio ones Through

Recently there was a posting where the OP asked if anyone else was having a problem getting a response from Townshend Audio to their questions. I responded in the affirmative as I had recently sent three emails to them via their website without a response. Emails sent through  Audiogon however did get an immediate  response. Apparently, an upgrade to their website caused this glitch. When this was brought to his attention a very apologetic John Townshend contacted me and went out of his way to address  the issue I emailed them about. Townshend Audio has great products and I would not hesitate to purchase from them in the future.
128x128lwin
samgar2,
Podiums are impressive. At the time when I did my review I had tried them based on how well ordinary springs work, and also from having used Pods under my turntable, amp, and phono stage. Podiums are pretty expensive and I wasn’t aware of hardly anyone using them. Pods use basically the same technology so this was a good way of checking them out before stepping up to Podiums.

Then on the review several people posted their experience, which were all like mine, excellent. Some had already done so before but it is hard sometimes to search around and put it all together. We wound up with a pretty wide range of speakers, both in size and cost, all of us real happy and hearing pretty much the same improvements. The main one for me being a freedom from tonal coloration that makes every instrument sound so much more distinct by revealing its natural harmonic structure or timbre. Pods have the same effect but Podiums even more so.

If you are considering them you might want to check it out. https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/townshend-audio-podiums-the-full-review  
If you decide to get them I highly recommend you contact John Hannant at Townshend. John Hannant is who I think you meant by John Townshend. I gave him the dimensions and weight of my Moabs and he got me the perfect size Podiums.
I had the same experience this week. John Townshend sincerely apologized and offered helpful assistance. We had a nice back and forth and they're obviously good people who also make very good products.
Thanks for your comments. Sorry if I picked the wrong John. I will ask you a question since you are so happy with the Podiums. Once the speaker is sitting on them, can it be slid on a wood floor or to do they have a grip which stops them from being able to slide. Also how do they attach to you speakers? Can they screwed to the bottom or just float on the podium?

Thanks,
Sam
Thanks for your comments. Sorry if I picked the wrong John. I will ask you a question since you are so happy with the Podiums. Once the speaker is sitting on them, can it be slid on a wood floor or to do they have a grip which stops them from being able to slide. Also how do they attach to you speakers? Can they screwed to the bottom or just float on the podium?

Thanks,
Sam
The Podium feet are a sort of hard rubber. It can slide on hardwood but not easily, not unless your speaker is very light.  

The thing about them is each corner is a spring that must be free to move in all directions. Because of this they don't slide around like anything normal you would be familiar with. It is best to put them right where you want them to be, and then put the speaker on them. The included instructions are clear on how to set them up and get them perfectly level. 

Your speakers aren't attached, they sit on the Podium. Same as they would sit on the floor. No difference. The springy rocking only happens when you tap them. In normal use even playing music quite loud the speakers do not move at all. So no reason for them to be attached. 

Mine are on BDR Cones with Round Things, exact same as what I was doing before. Only now the whole thing is on Podiums. You can see how it looks here https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367  

You can also use furniture gliders or other similar stuff under the Podium feet. Mine are on BDR Round Things, and there are others using different sorts of gliders there. They are pretty flexible in terms of it depends what you like and what kind of floor you have. 

One of the best parts is once you get them on there it is super easy to get them precisely level. Before using Podiums I had to use shims and even then it was hard to get perfectly level. With Podiums the knob at each corner turns silky smooth and getting them level is easy and fast. Best of all once you do get them perfectly set up and level they stay put!