Power conditioner types

Do any power conditioners actually store the energy from the outlet/power company and then generate it on demand or do they all filter the current as it is coming through?

Or is it more complicated than that?

If any do store it, are they a different class?
sokogear
Looks like I'm getting the Puritan 136. For my SS amp, it has more than enough capability. Thanks @hshifi - silver it is, and supposedly it will improve the sound over the Furman 15i.

@twoleftears - did you try the 136?
I have a PS Audio Power Plant Regenerator. I hunted it down and convinced the owner to sell it to me. One of the best things I have ever bought for my system.
Real black background, and this is through my all Tube system. Magic really. ;)
FYI, the Emotiva CMX-2 does DC offset removal for $129 and is a great product. If you have a conditioner you like, you can put the CMX-2 in front of your conditioner and get the benefit of DC removal without having to start over from scratch. 
@sokogear  No, afraid not.  Given the relatively modest price (compared to some others) I just went for maximum treatment/filtration.  Depending on the quality of your incoming electricity, some say the 136 is plenty.

There's a long thread on the 136 over on AudioCircle if you want to read more about it.
Sarjan at 6moons is a big fan of the Puritan line of conditioners and has reviewed both the 156 and the 136 and details the differences. He uses Vibex on his big system and the 156 on his two other systems.

All the best,
Nonoise