Power conditioner types

Do any power conditioners actually store the energy from the outlet/power company and then generate it on demand or do they all filter the current as it is coming through?

Or is it more complicated than that?

If any do store it, are they a different class?
sokogear
@sokogear - 20 amp receptacle allows you to draw up to 20 amps if you have run 10 - 12 gauge wiring, probably on a 30 amp breaker.  Otherwise, use a 15 amp converter plug.  My system draws less than 2 amps when playing.  Existing 15 amp service is plenty.    
Hello,
I would recommend the Puritan PSM156 or the PSM136. You can now get a silver faceplate. This thing really makes a difference in the sound. It sounds like someone took off the cover off of your speakers that was blocking the sound. Plus, it help your whole system even if you plug your amp directly to the wall as long as the Puritan is on the same breaker by filtering out tons of hash or impurities. It does not store power like my old Monster 2000 used to do. I used to have a 20 and 15 amp Furman. The Puritan helps so much at producing perfect sound it’s not even a comparison. Plus, Most power conditioners have banks of four outlets. Every outlet on the Puritan PSM156 or 136 is discrete. All of the filtering with none of the restrictions. I bought mine at a dealer in the Chicagoland area called : 
https://holmaudio.com/
They let you try before you buy which I did. I tried it and bought it. I knew I could not live without it in my system. Plus it comes with a nice power cord unlike the AQ Niagara. You have to buy theirs. I hope this helped. 
Puritan PSM156 + 1

It has surge protection, DC removal, twin transformers to freely allow 20A current flow. Using two inductors to remove in process high frequency noise riding on the alternating current, it shunts to ground the noise from both the active (hot) and neutral (bonded to ground) back into the ground wire. An external ground can also be used, apparently with even better results, it has a slightly different potential if it’s not bonded at the panel, you will want to use the Puritan ground with that.

Shorting the high passed noise to ground is also the technology that German InAkustik uses. However, the Puritan has separate circuits isolating each outlet shunting noise to ground, so that switching power supplies (if you can swap them for linear it will yield better results - generally) won’t introduce noise into other devices plugged into it.

I did quite a lot of research before being tipped off on this little beauty. It may very well not be the best, but as far as I know, for the money, it’s a black horse that should be tried.

It has revealed a lot more information hidden by noise that my power supplies could absolutely not remove in rectification and using smoothing caps or the LT3045 in my power supply.

@mijostyn
You might need a hair conditioner or perhaps a surge protector but you already have a power conditioner. It is called a power supply.
Please explain to me where in the four way bridge rectifier, smoothing capacitors, or LT3045 it makes for perfect DC??
Anything else is a waste of money.
Unless it’s absolutely not a waste of money! Then it’s simply superior technology, that delivers a better result through impressive engineering.
But go ahead, and "know" that it’s snake oil, while those curious enough get the benefits.

I have by all reports read the Niagara range (and many even significantly more expensive conditioners) also are very good at noise removal, as are many others. Compare prices, features (an important one is surge protection another is removal of DC), and decide for yourself.
My Puritan PSM-156 powers my:
  • 2 x 400watt (8Ohms)
  • my 200 watt HDPlex linear power supply
  • DAC non switching AC transformer
  • Monitor
That’s a kilowatt with absolutely no loss in dynamics turned up pretty darned loud, and it has really lowered the noise floor of everything in my system. That’s good engineering.

One cannot stress, enough, the need to remove any and all DC. The tiniest amount sets your tranny a buzzin even for several seconds after it's gone. It's what lots hear when they invest in a mega power conditioner with it's own tranny that doesn't address the issue properly. 
Or so I've read. My Niagara 1200 does, as does the Puritan 156.

All the best,
Nonoise