SQ - AV processor preouts vs. stereo linestage preamp

When using a network player with DAC, Is there much of a diff between connecting the player to a stereo preamp vs preouts in an AV processor?  Lets assume high end components involved.
jumia
Thanks
i have run the processor preouts into a preamp and found i need to turn up the preamp sound all the way to get sound to come thru from the processor.

which means if i forget to turn it way down when i switch inputs i will blow my brain up. It is dangerous if i make a mistake. So your approach can be risky unless i get a pre with ht bypass.

i guess true ht bypass will handle switching without extreme sound risk.

i wish there was a quality AB switch with a remote, but seems not many use this approach to switch between ht and stereo.
i have run the processor preouts into a preamp and found i need to turn up the preamp sound all the way to get sound to come thru from the processor.
You can control that by increasing the level of the L/R channels in the prepro’s level balance that would allow you to not have to turn the stereo preamp’s volume level up high.  Or, as you say, if you get a preamp with a HT bypass it becomes a non issue. 

wish i never learned about stereo pre’s - ignorance is bliss.
But crappy sound isn’t.
+1
What is the logic to go:

Network player-->DAC-->AVR-->Pre-amp?

The AVR is completely redundant in this situation.
U Dont need avr if using a preamp.

u missing the point,  use of nice av processor pre out vs a stereo preamp.